Upcoming Boards

I could be wrong, but I think they'd probably call everyone who got an interview within a day or two of each other to give people time to start making plans to come up there. Again, hoping to be wrong! 

Did anybody interview in Phoenix a week or so ago? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Know a couple people that got calls from Oregon last Friday for invites. On another note, does anyone know if Bama is still allowing base visits this close to the board? Wasn't sure if they were planning on releasing invites before this weekend. If that were the case I could see them not wanting applicants rushing. 

Waiting to hear back from the POC and tried calling the ops desk but wasn't successful. 

17 hours ago, CavGuy said:

I counted ~180 email address on the rejection letter. Guess you could say its a competitive unit 😂

To those that get discouraged by numbers like this dont be.  Of those 180 once you start accounting for how many lack competitive AFOQT/PCSM scores, didn't visit, have close to zero flight hours, were just socially awkward, etc that whittles the numbers down.  The Pacific Northwest is also a cool place to live which attracts more applicants and this board was very clear they had 4 openings (very unusual).  The bar for simply emailing an application isn't that high.  One of the pilots I met in Portland had to apply for 3 separate UPT boards before he got in.  Focus on what you can control and keep your heads up kings.

Edited by tarheelaviator
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, tarheelaviator said:

To those that get discouraged by numbers like this dont be.  Of those 180 once you start accounting for how many lack competitive AFOQT/PCSM scores, didn't visit, have close to zero flight hours, were just socially awkward, etc that whittles the numbers down.  The Pacific Northwest is also a cool place to live which attracts more applicants and this board was very clear they had 4 openings (very unusual).  The bar for simply emailing an application isn't that high.  One of the pilots I met in Portland had to apply for 3 separate UPT boards before he got in.  Focus on what you can control and keep your heads up kings.

Shoot, I applied 4 times at the same unit and interviewed 3 times before I got in (still pending MEPS/FC1). Just gotta keep pushing for what you want.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, tarheelaviator said:

Of those 180 once you start accounting for how many lack competitive AFOQT/PCSM scores, didn't visit, have close to zero flight hours, were just socially awkward, etc that whittles the numbers down.

But watch out everyone, cuz that list also includes me with my PPL, killer scores, and utterly charming personality. 😜

Edited by admdelta

Does anyone have any insight on the MacDill board coming up in June? I know the applications are due March 1st and I have looked at the info on BogiDope for a timeline. Just wondering if anyone knows how competitive/how many candidates usually are asked to rush or are interviewed. I only ask because most job postings have a very direct/cut and dry list of what to send in whereas the posting for MacDill is very laid back and just says shoot a resume to the email listed. Any info or tips would be great, thanks

8 minutes ago, sartoreabram said:

Does anyone have any insight on the MacDill board coming up in June? I know the applications are due March 1st and I have looked at the info on BogiDope for a timeline. Just wondering if anyone knows how competitive/how many candidates usually are asked to rush or are interviewed. I only ask because most job postings have a very direct/cut and dry list of what to send in whereas the posting for MacDill is very laid back and just says shoot a resume to the email listed. Any info or tips would be great, thanks

Most likely, once you send the resume they will send you the package requirements. 

1 hour ago, ihtbasitc said:

Any idea if Barnes in MA will be hiring this year? They did last year around this time but I don't see any post about a board this year...

I've heard a rumor they are having a prior military only UPT board this summer.  Could be complete BS but that's what another applicant told me. 

41 minutes ago, sartoreabram said:

I can't speak for how competitive/how many gets asked to go rush or to interview because I have no idea, but that's really all you do/all I did was to submit a resume. I was contacted by the hiring officer the day after and just had a short, fairly casual chat, so he is looking at resumes as they come in. The timeline/process as he explained is the same as what was in the posting also. Best of luck!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ryleypav said:

Shoot, I applied 4 times at the same unit and interviewed 3 times before I got in (still pending MEPS/FC1). Just gotta keep pushing for what you want.

To piggyback on that, I have met 2 pilots who told me they interviewed EIGHT times before getting hired. Just don't stop till you get there. 

• Upvote 1