Upcoming Boards

For those of you applying to the 115th Airlift Squadron out of Point Mugu, CA, do we include official sealed transcripts with the mailed in application? Their flyer states this,

"Sealed Official College Transcripts

• Unofficial copies placed inside application package"

Obviously for the E-mailed application, the only choice is placing unofficial copies, but I'm confused for the mailed app.

5 hours ago, JabroniWizard said:

Fresno’s hiring May 2020

https://www.144fw.ang.af.mil/Resources/Pilot-Boards/

Very interesting to see their age cutoff being age 33 at the time of board even though the (updated) regulation applies to starting UPT by age 33. Wonder if that’s a misprint or if they’re just more willing than most fighter units to submit age waiver requests?

On 2/6/2020 at 9:32 PM, WheelsOff said:

I’d bet money on it. We have one here in UPT right now actually. What’s your source?

Ok, maybe went a little too strong on not betting any money on ANY future ones...but I'd still go with not many more.  Point being, the wannabees should focus on other aircraft...IMHO.   For those interested in some light reading, I point you to the latest AF Budget document.  See page 50.  It shows you what the AF wants to have each fleet size at in by the end of FY21.  Notice how the B-1 #'s drop?  Even if you don't want to consider that tid bit of info.  Feel free to look up B-1 mission cape rates these days.  I imagine the average Reserve B-1 pilot doesn't fly that much.  Just FWIW for those youngins out there with big dreams.   https://www.saffm.hq.af.mil/Portals/84/documents/FY21/SUPPORT_/FY21 Budget Overview_1.pdf?ver=2020-02-10-152806-743

On 2/6/2020 at 11:02 PM, magnetfreezer said:

2015: For you young A-10 wannabee pilots, I suggest scratching the A-10 off the list.  It is on the retirement chopping block.  Not a done deal but I wouldn't go to Vegas or even Atlantic City and put any money on any future new Reserve A-10 pilots. 

Honestly, it pains me to say it but the 2015 A-10 talk is getting stronger as we head towards FY21.  See page 50 of the FY21 AF budget...ANG and AFRC A-10 numbers taking a hit.  I'm a huge fan of the A-10 and got to control four of them once as they lit up a target tank column on the Barry Goldwater Range in AZ.  Definite loss for the TACP.    https://www.saffm.hq.af.mil/Portals/84/documents/FY21/SUPPORT_/FY21 Budget Overview_1.pdf?ver=2020-02-10-152806-743

20 minutes ago, CavGuy said:

Did anybody "rush" Portland in the past months? If so, what was the vibe like? Do they put high emphasis on rushing in order to get a slot? Cheers

I went to Portland back in December. It was hard to get a gauge on how important it was honestly because most of the squadron was gone doing training, but the guys I did meet were way cool. I definitely got a Portland-esque vibe though - kind of a big city tempo mixed with a simultaneously laid back kind of feel to it, but while still maintaining their readiness and taking the job seriously. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, admdelta said:

I went to Portland back in December. It was hard to get a gauge on how important it was honestly because most of the squadron was gone doing training, but the guys I did meet were way cool. I definitely got a Portland-esque vibe though - kind of a big city tempo mixed with a simultaneously laid back kind of feel to it, but while still maintaining their readiness and taking the job seriously. 

Thanks for the info

Silly question about 457th FW:  their website says that they do not allow new hires to attend unit functions. 

I assume this means drill weekends?  I am in the Texas Guard and would like to meet these guys. 

Haven't heard anything back from Oregon yet but best of luck to everybody.  

Also if yall are applying to the 121st FS (DC Guard) make sure to get your applications in by 2/29.  They moved their deadline up from 3/31 and they require a longer application package than most places.   

• Upvote 1