Upcoming Boards

8 hours ago, tarheelaviator said:

Yeah but the guy I spoke with on the phone said verbatim it was only for applicants selected for interviews.  Getting conflicting info.  

Recruiter with them said invites are only for those selected for an interview.

Hi guys,  figured it was my time to jump in this conversation since I'm finally gearing up to start putting in my first applications.  Gonna shoot for the 158th in Savannah to break the ice.  Tricky thing about my situation is that I'm currently AD assigned to Andersen AFB in Guam so I'm not sure how that's gonna work with my DEROS.  If anyone has any insight on the 158th, it would be much appreciated.

10 hours ago, goodflightcowboy said:

Anybody going to the Tulsa UTA this weekend? I've sent them two emails but haven't gotten a response. 

Not going to this one but I got some folks on the phone a few days ago asking about the next one (call the POCs phone and if nobody is there ask for someone else).  Apparently just show up and somebody will get you on base is the feedback I received.  

Is it a good idea to fit how many interviews you’ve had so far onto your application somewhere (resume or cover letter)? And if so with what squadrons?

I can see how this might make you look competitive but I can also see how it might just look dumb.

5 hours ago, ZR-1 said:

Is it a good idea to fit how many interviews you’ve had so far onto your application somewhere (resume or cover letter)? And if so with what squadrons?

I can see how this might make you look competitive but I can also see how it might just look dumb.

Honestly to me that’s like saying “here’s a list of everyone who didn’t like me as much in real life.” I would advise a hard pass personally. 

Edited by admdelta

Any information on the bomber squadrons within the Guard/reserve? I believe there is one B2 (ANG), one B52 (AFRC), and one B1 (AFRC) squadron. I can’t find any information on when/if they hold UPT boards. Or if they had in the past. But I’m highly interested in flying them.

7 hours ago, Yeeyee said:

Any information on the bomber squadrons within the Guard/reserve? I believe there is one B2 (ANG), one B52 (AFRC), and one B1 (AFRC) squadron. I can’t find any information on when/if they hold UPT boards. Or if they had in the past. But I’m highly interested in flying them.

I'm currently making phone calls and trying to get through the gatekeepers for the bomb squadrons.  Have you had any luck?  I'm sure the B2 squadron in Missouri probably recruits pretty heavily from the AD rated in that aircraft but I've heard (poorly supported) rumors the Dyess AFB Reserve B1 squadron has sponsored people in the past for UPT.

Got a hold of the B1 and B2 pilots a while ago. B1 guys said no Board for at least 3 years. B2 guys have prospects send in a resume and then they reach out, mostly rated though.

This was maybe 8 months ago, so it be a good idea to reach out to them to get an updated response

On 1/16/2020 at 9:31 AM, Burger said:

Got a hold of the B1 and B2 pilots a while ago. B1 guys said no Board for at least 3 years. B2 guys have prospects send in a resume and then they reach out, mostly rated though.

This was maybe 8 months ago, so it be a good idea to reach out to them to get an updated response

Interesting. I may send the 131st a resume and see what happens.