Upcoming Boards

52 minutes ago, CharlieHotel47 said:

Split train if they are a-holes. Keep your cards to yourself and don’t tell the ole man why you need to be excused.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Do you have any tips for getting a conditional release started? Wait until you get a UPT slot or before you even interview with a unit?  Seems like a double edge sword, "Thanks for the UPT slot, just FYI the Army doesn't know I am even here or planning on swapping over yet." On the flip side telling your boss/CO that you already have an AF slot in the ANG/AFRC seems like it could get you screwed over up the chain if they want to be A-holes about it. Personally I plan on being totally honest with a perspective ANG/AFRC unit and see where the cards land.

Do you have any tips for getting a conditional release started? Wait until you get a UPT slot or before you even interview with a unit?  Seems like a double edge sword, "Thanks for the UPT slot, just FYI the Army doesn't know I am even here or planning on swapping over yet." On the flip side telling your boss/CO that you already have an AF slot in the ANG/AFRC seems like it could get you screwed over up the chain if they want to be A-holes about it. Personally I plan on being totally honest with a perspective ANG/AFRC unit and see where the cards land.

Are you AD or guard/reserves? It should be straight forward if you are guard or reserve. Unless you have an adso to the army. No ideas how long AD conditional release takes.

1 minute ago, CharlieHotel47 said:

Are you AD or guard/reserves? It should be straight forward if you are guard or reserve. Unless you have an adso to the army. No ideas how long AD conditional release takes.

Army Guard. Not pertinent info, but I just started an IST prior to learning about my eligibility for a UPT slot and now I'm in limbo between 2 states currently without a unit. Fun conversation showing up day 1 to new unit saying I have a desire to go ANG.

What type of orders, permanent AGR? If so, you could walk away tomorrow with TAG approval (haven’t heard of a TAG disapproving yet). I’m not sure if the Army has separate, additional restrictions, but I’d be surprised to hear so considering state guard is service agnostic at the top. Part of your argument to help TAG approve is ensure he knows you’re simply transferring components and not all out bailing from the guard. 

23 minutes ago, Burger said:

Has anyone heard if the 303rd in MO board is still postponed? Has a new board date been decided?

I sent my package in a few weeks ago and I got a response email saying, "thank you for your application." There was no mention of a new board date, but I wasn't in touch with the unit when they sent out the email about postponing the boards. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Burger said:

Has anyone heard if the 303rd in MO board is still postponed? Has a new board date been decided?

Received the email from their POC a few weeks back and even rushed them early August. No hard dates but they mentioned to me (in person) it will be sometime in Spring of 2020. Hope that helps.

Edited by iRobot
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Burger said:

Told me the deadline is still the same, but the board date is tbd.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Burger said:

I apologize for the neediness, but does anyone have an application item checklist for the 303rd in MO? 

Check Bogidope, they have all the info there for their job posting.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Burger said:

I apologize for the neediness, but does anyone have an application item checklist for the 303rd in MO? 

From Bogidope:

Resume
College Transcripts
FAA Certificates
Last Page of Logbook
3 Letters of Recommendation
Last three EPRs or OPRs (prior or current military members only)
AFOQT & TBAS Scores
Current Photo

Also include in your email body: Name, PCSM Score, AFOQT Scores, total flight hours, Phone number, Address, Age, and GPA. 

Edited by Metalhead731
  • Like 1