Upcoming Boards

38 minutes ago, ayz33 said:

Did you visit?

I didn’t either and got a first-round interview. I emailed a few months ago and they said they weren’t doing visits. Some guys knew that and went anyway, judging from a post on here, and I’m curious as to whether that helped or hurt.

Anyway congrats to all who got interviews, and best of luck!

On 4/10/2019 at 8:13 PM, Ligma said:

Is it a bad look if you reject an invitation visit a unit?  Due to my proximity, it's just not financially possible for me to make two round trips (assuming I get an interview). 

I wouldn't say definitively either way but me visiting my unit before I submitted my application almost certainly helped to get an interview. I may have been given an interview if I didn't visit because of my resume but I can't say for sure and I don't regret going for a visit beforehand. Yes, it absolutely sucked financially to schedule two round trip flights while working on my PPL. Was it worth it? Well, I'm waiting for UPT so that's up to you. My advice is to search one-way on google flights (incognito so cookies don't raise your search dates) and find the cheapest flights not on the same carrier both ways. I was able to piecemeal like that, hell I took one airline to a connection and then another to my destination but that's a dangerous game to play...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Insert name said:

I wouldn't say definitively either way but me visiting my unit before I submitted my application almost certainly helped to get an interview. I may have been given an interview if I didn't visit because of my resume but I can't say for sure and I don't regret going for a visit beforehand. Yes, it absolutely sucked financially to schedule two round trip flights while working on my PPL. Was it worth it? Well, I'm waiting for UPT so that's up to you. My advice is to search one-way on google flights (incognito so cookies don't raise your search dates) and find the cheapest flights not on the same carrier both ways. I was able to piecemeal like that, hell I took one airline to a connection and then another to my destination but that's a dangerous game to play...

Thank you for your response!  It definitely is a "how bad do you want it" type of deal.  Just gotta eat the costs to hope to be in the same position as you one day.

1 hour ago, Burger said:

Does anyone know if South Carolina or Jacksonville have sent out interview invites?

Idk what the gouge is on SC but I’ve heard that Jax is in the middle of deployment prep and crazy busy right now but to know that they’re working on it.

The POC is going to reach out as soon as they get everything with the board squared away, but until then hang tight and wait for a call/email.

1 hour ago, Burger said:

Does anyone know if South Carolina or Jacksonville have sent out interview invites?

A few of us got replies from SC last weekend asking to come visit during their May drill, which is 3-4 May, so I’d assume they’ll send interview invites out after that weekend. Not 100% sure though.

No idea on JAX.

52 minutes ago, ldm238 said:

A few of us got replies from SC last weekend asking to come visit during their May drill, which is 3-4 May, so I’d assume they’ll send interview invites out after that weekend. Not 100% sure though.

No idea on JAX.

SC told me in person last weekend they moved the interview date up to that weekend in May and to expect invites to go out soon. Expecting this coming week now unless they already sent them

11 minutes ago, ayz33 said:

SC told me in person last weekend they moved the interview date up to that weekend in May and to expect invites to go out soon. Expecting this coming week now unless they already sent them

Good to know. 

Also I was a day off on my first post, it’s 4-5 May  for that weekend, for those keeping score. Lol

On 4/12/2019 at 5:23 PM, Ligma said:

Thank you for your response!  It definitely is a "how bad do you want it" type of deal.  Just gotta eat the costs to hope to be in the same position as you one day.

You can also just wait until you're at a better spot in your life. Idk what your situation is but there's never going to be a perfect time where everything just lines up. But there are better times than others to make something happen if you want it to. Just something to keep in mind.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, ayz33 said:

SC invites went out today. Congrats to those selected and good luck!

15 hours ago, ldm238 said:

No idea on JAX.

So visits and interviews on that weekend for SC? Am i missing something?

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, bigdreams said:

So visits and interviews on that weekend for SC? Am i missing something?

Apparently somewhere in the course of that drill weekend in April the interviews got moved up to 4-5 May. They aren’t doing visits that weekend anymore, they’re doing interviews. That must have changed after they sent emails to people asking if they wanted to come visit, would be my guess. See Ayz’s post above.

1 hour ago, ldm238 said:

Apparently somewhere in the course of that drill weekend in April the interviews got moved up to 4-5 May. They aren’t doing visits that weekend anymore, they’re doing interviews. That must have changed after they sent emails to people asking if they wanted to come visit, would be my guess. See Ayz’s post above.

Ah got it. I see. So May 4th is now interviews week and not visits. I'm slow AF understanding today

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, ldm238 said:

They changed the date due to something coming up on the original weekend.

In the process of completing my package (still need to take the AFOQT, about to start my PPL, etc.). I know I'm still a ways off, but I want to find out which guard/reserve units will have upcoming UPT boards this year. I've been trying to find ops desk numbers for various squadrons, but everything I find online is incorrect information. Is there a better way to reach out or a resource I'm missing to touch base with these units?

Thanks in advance 🤙