Upcoming Boards

51 minutes ago, Ligma said:

How long does it usually take to receive interview invites after the closing date of application for ANG boards?

It depends on the board. Normally they give a general timeframe in their announcement. Most that I’ve applied to sent invites out about a month after the application deadline.

One unit only waited a week or two, but that was not the norm.

Trying to get some information on two possible units and any future board information if possible.

193rd SOW in PA - I'll be up in that area this month for a TDY and would love an opportunity to stop by and meet a few folks if possible.

919th SOW in FL - I'd like to take a trip down there in January if anyone is available to chat.

Thanks in advance!

Oregon:

1) The 123rd at Portland just hosted two meet and greets on their drill weekends this past November and December. Awesome group of guys in a great location. I'm not sure if they are holding anymore, the emails that were sent out only mentioned those two events. Hit up the POC listed on their wing website or Bogidope, he's a good dude who will try to work with you though.

The 114th in Klamath Falls I believe also allows visits, I'm reaching out right now. They might be a little more flexible since they're obviously more remote. From what I've been looking at (briefly), expect some odd flight times into Medford and then a 1.5 hour drive into Klamath.

2) Last I heard was 3 for the 123rd and 2 for the 114th!!! :rock:

3) I didn't get the impression Portland only hired within but now that I think about it I never specifically asked hah. Either way, there was a bunch of us civilian wannabe's rushing both months.

Hope that helps.

Oh and Massachusetts is having a meet and greet March 1 open to all applicants and the 122nd out of LA is having a board sometime in the near future, if you want to visit contact the POC listed in this thread.

Don't forget Fresno, California. Gonna try to drop by sometime before the board...we'll see. I've heard it was a pretty exclusive squadron but I definitely intend to visit to see what's up.

Also if anyone's heading out to New Orleans for January Drill, let me know!

20 hours ago, SugandeseFighter said:

Wanting to talk about the new upcoming fighter boards. What info do we have for the 5 fighter boards currently up on Bogidope? Oregon, Massachusetts, Indiana, Vermont, New Jersey. 

1. Which bases are allowing visits/rushing?
  2. Anyone know how many people each unit is hiring?
  3. Any of these units only hires from within?

Any other info to add?

Indiana: is not allowing visits due to ops tempo

New Orleans: hires 3 people per board

Will keep everyone updated on whatever comes my way

• Thanks 1

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 1:38 PM, goodflightcowboy said:

Indiana: is not allowing visits due to ops tempo

New Orleans: hires 3 people per board

Will keep everyone updated on whatever comes my way

We might hire more if we get a good group of applicants.  We may hire less if they aren't as strong.  As a general rule we'd like to hire 3-4 per board in Nola, doesn't always work that way. 

13 hours ago, EvilEagle said:

We might hire more if we get a good group of applicants.  We may hire less if they aren't as strong.  As a general rule we'd like to hire 3-4 per board in Nola, doesn't always work that way. 

How many generally show for interviews?

21 hours ago, Spicoli said:

Has anyone else received an email from the 181st AS in Fort Worth saying that you would be contacted by the selecting official to set up an interview? It was kind of a bizarre email. Just curious if anyone has heard anything else.

I received the same around three weeks ago. Haven't heard back yet.

22 hours ago, Spicoli said:

Has anyone else received an email from the 181st AS in Fort Worth saying that you would be contacted by the selecting official to set up an interview? It was kind of a bizarre email. Just curious if anyone has heard anything else.

I received the same two weeks ago

6 hours ago, Engineer2Pilot said:

Who is going to be in Oregon the weekend of Jan. 12th? Also when is the Ohio F-16 unit going to open their board up? 

Hey man! I'll be there Jan 12th for their meet and greet. If you want to meet up before hand let me know.

On 11/6/2018 at 3:24 PM, Flying Pillows said:

It's just heartbreaking because OK and Bama were my top places to be. I'm unsure what to do with myself now to be honest. I can't believe this happened to me. I just don't know what to do anymore. I've done everything I can and it all resulted in being told no and that hurts. It's pretty unfair that some people get interviews and others don't. You should at least be given the chance to interview before being shot down. This whole process makes so many people anxious and unhealthy. There should be a better way to do it.

Not the attitude I want in my fighter squadron and its ignorant to all the other possibilities out there.

If you think this place is totally anonymous you'd be wrong.

Edited by matmacwc
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5