Upcoming Boards

Cold asf. Don't think I know of a squadron that has notified when they said they would lol. 

Haha I know it’s nerve wracking for us to wait, but it’s a pretty big decision for these guys in the squadrons too. It’s more important that they get it right than anything.

That being said, I’ve been checking my email every 10 minutes for a couple of hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, N730 said:

Haha I know it’s nerve wracking for us to wait, but it’s a pretty big decision for these guys in the squadrons too. It’s more important that they get it right than anything.

That being said, I’ve been checking my email every 10 minutes for a couple of hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Radio silence. 

• Downvote 1

I am new to this forum but have been following for quite some time now.  

Is anyone here familiar with living conditions in Hawaii if I were to apply for HIANG board? I’ve done some research and asked questions to a few buddies that are familiar with the state but got some mixed answers. 

Firstly, geographically it is somewhat of an issue since it is in the middle of nowhere of the ocean. But I’ve also heard that it costs an arm and a leg to live due to the high cost of everything (due to everything being importer).  How would I make ends meet if I were to receive a part-time slot as a pilot for the HIANG?  I’ve heard it is paradise and beautiful to live in but these are some concerns for me planning my future in an unknown area.  My buddy rents a studio in the city for $1,200 a month and he told me that’s a “good deal”. SMH. I’ve also heard about the locals not being very friendly to white folk with blonde hair as I am.  What are the pros and cons?

Anyone got any insight?

On 10/16/2018 at 6:57 AM, BamaCrewDawg11 said:
On 9/30/2018 at 10:18 AM, kleveling said:

I spoke to a guy there about the group, and I'd advise against the bottle of bourbon.

this is SEC country, brother.. we drink bourbon cradle to grave

I figured it would show extra thought when I brought a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black Label to Fresno and they gave me shit for not bringing Jack... Seems more of a cheap way to stock their bars of the backs of applicants, few of whom will even get an interview

35 minutes ago, Sopwith Camel said:

I figured it would show extra thought when I brought a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black Label to Fresno and they gave me shit for not bringing Jack... Seems more of a cheap way to stock their bars of the backs of applicants, few of whom will even get an interview

I distinctly remember this episode. 

I think that might just be a Fresno thing though. I brought nicer stuff to both March and Tulsa and they seemed to appreciate it (Tulsa is apparently big on fancy Scotch). Not enough for an interview though. 😅

Edited by admdelta