Upcoming Boards

14 hours ago, Guy Sanchez said:

At what point is it time to get BogiDope consulting? When do you know it's your interviewing skills that suck?

Feel free to DM me. That goes for anyone else out there too. I’d be down to have a phone call about what my interview experience was like and give any pointers.

I never went the consulting route so I can’t really speak to that...

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, iavaz said:

How do you go about getting the opportunity to network? Do you just show up on base and head to the club and buy the first round for everyone? xD

Call or email the squadron PoCs and talk to them, interact on this board with as many folks as you can and make quality posts letting people know who you/why you want a spot/that you're not a tool, and attend rush/drill weekends if they offer and have convos with squadron members. You don't have to always be selling yourself; just get to know them and let them get to know you organically. You'll get out of it what you put into it and, for me, networking was one of the biggest leg-ups of the process. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

So I have not used a Forum in decade, so please be patient.

I am completing a UPT package for the Idaho ANG.  The forms are done, I have been waiting on a test date for the AFOQT which I just got today and to see if my original TBAS score from 2008 is still valid.  They have made it clear that no one gets to talk to the Squadron until your finished package is in.  

Is there a thread or posts you would recommend for me to review regarding my application?  I will need an age waiver as I am 31 years old, but the ANG didn't see that as an issue.

I have a Undergraduate from ERAU and a MBA from a private university and a GRE of 302 (taken in July for an active duty board).  Any good resources for "selling yourself" to the board?   Thank you for your responses. 

On 10/3/2018 at 10:53 AM, Elliott Upp said:

Before your first interview. No matter how good a person is at interviewing they can always polish it up a little more. And why wouldn’t you go the extra step with consultation? You’ve already put in all this work so far. I wish I had done consultation from the get go. Woulda saved me a lot of money getting hired after the first interview instead of after 8

I would listen to this poster...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FDNYOldGuy said:

Call or email the squadron PoCs and talk to them, interact on this board with as many folks as you can and make quality posts letting people know who you/why you want a spot/that you're not a tool, and attend rush/drill weekends if they offer and have convos with squadron members. You don't have to always be selling yourself; just get to know them and let them get to know you organically. You'll get out of it what you put into it and, for me, networking was one of the biggest leg-ups of the process. 

Thanks for the info. Did you have any issues with non-responses from POCs? I am just assuming that delayed responses are probably from the POC not being currently on orders.

Y'all talkin about bogidope like it is a gift to the earth. Out of curiosity, why not youtube interview skills and practice your butt off instead of spending $500 on it? It's y'alls money so I won't judge how you spend it just curiously curious. 

42 minutes ago, Seadogs said:

Y'all talkin about bogidope like it is a gift to the earth. Out of curiosity, why not youtube interview skills and practice your butt off instead of spending $500 on it? It's y'alls money so I won't judge how you spend it just curiously curious. 

Personally, Bogidope was a godsend for me.  All of the application and interview prep material on the internet is generic and not very well suited to a career in aviation.  

Bogidope's application prep helped me really iron out how to present myself at a fighter squadron and the interview prep set me up with knowing what to expect, and how to frame answers correctly.  

Got 5 interviews and 2 slots with the help of Bogidope, I wouldn't have made it without their help. 

• Upvote 1

I've been searching variants of "100th FS, 176th FS, 187th FW, 115th FW UPT application/videos". Some of you guys are hilarious! Wonder if there are any tips or critiques we can share on those videos. Surprised that a lot of people went over the 3 min max time limit! Thoughts? 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Seadogs said:

Yeah Brudog is totally right. The guy who runs it is a super good dude, and I've learned so much from my 2 hours talking with him that it'll make your head spin. His information and insight is invaluable. Unless you know someone who sits on a board already, you can't get his level of information anywhere else, imo. 

3 hours ago, goodflightcowboy said:

Yeah Brudog is totally right. The guy who runs it is a super good dude, and I've learned so much from my 2 hours talking with him that it'll make your head spin. His information and insight is invaluable. Unless you know someone who sits on a board already, you can't get his level of information anywhere else, imo. 

I got the standard free consult with bogidope to start things off and they gave me some dated/generic information (hurry before I need an age waiver at 30, etc). I've found these forums had everything I've needed thus far, not worth the money Imo. 

7 minutes ago, Uptapplicant2019 said:

I got the standard free consult with bogidope to start things off and they gave me some dated/generic information (hurry before I need an age waiver at 30, etc). I've found these forums had everything I've needed thus far, not worth the money Imo. 

There's a free one?

1 hour ago, Uptapplicant2019 said:

You get what you pay for dood.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Uptapplicant2019 said:

Yeah it definitely depends on your situation! In my case, I have no real guidance, nobody with the perspective to say what is/is not enticing to a board, and I have found the experience very valuable. But, if that's not a concern (you feel confident in your application, etc.) then don't spend the money! 

On 9/30/2018 at 12:18 PM, kleveling said:

I spoke to a guy there about the group, and I'd advise against the bottle of bourbon.

this is SEC country, brother.. we drink bourbon cradle to grave

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1