Upcoming Boards

Guest Guy Sanchez
1 hour ago, KingKid said:

Not much, but just "we liked this guy better". Especially stumped at getting alternated 4 times. Feedback was basically "Our primary isn't better than you, just a better fit right now". Honestly don't know what to do, might give BogiDope a shot because of all the positive reviews. 

No offense to you but it looks like you either need to start applying to heavy squadrons, or start pursuing some other jobs in the military. Never seen someone get that many interviews and not get picked up. 

It all comes down to the application, the meet and greet, and the interview. You need to win at least 2 out of those 3 to be considered, in my opinion. If you dont have a great interview, that can be overlooked if the meet and greet went well. If someone else nails all 3, then they'll probably get hired over you. If you don't do well in the meet and greet and you dont do well in the interview, then you're out.

Sometimes it's also just really tough. The meet and greet goes well and the applicants interview well. So then it comes down to kind of our "gut feeling" about who we think would work out best in the squadron and go with that.

2 hours ago, KingKid said:

Not much, but just "we liked this guy better". Especially stumped at getting alternated 4 times. Feedback was basically "Our primary isn't better than you, just a better fit right now". Honestly don't know what to do, might give BogiDope a shot because of all the positive reviews. 

Sounds like it would be worth the money

22 minutes ago, KingKid said:

Is there a deciding factor when guys are close and neck and neck? Do you start looking at stats like PCSM or GPA and whoever has the lowest is out? Or at that point is it personality wise? I'm starting to wonder if I have the personality of a heavy dude. 

I always tell people that your scores, GPA, etc. are what get you the interview and they don't really matter much after that. Once you show up for the interview, we are trying to get to know you so we can make the decision based off the "whole person" concept everyone talks about.

• Upvote 1

News from the 177th for those who applied this year,

"Good morning,

According to the selecting official, notification letters for applicants non-selected for an interview will not be sent.  Please watch the web site for next year’s UPT cycle.  Thank you again for applying and best of luck in your future endeavors."

The 130th Airlift Wing in Charleston, WV has an upcoming Pilot Board in November 2018.  We fly the C-130H3.  I've attached a PDF with the requirements for the UPT board.  Applications are due by October 19th.  If you have any questions, contact Lt Col Matt Bethel (info on the attachment) or shoot me a private message.   

Good Luck!

130th Airlift Wing Pilot Hiring Announcement.pdf

@UPTapplicant2017 I'll be heading out there. Bringing another applicant along as well (he's coming in from CA, but he'll be crashing at my place since I live 4 hours away). Shoot me a PM if you'd like so we can exchange information and meet after the drill; grab some food and hang out with us.

• Like 1

@Guy Sanchez Nope. Wisconsin stated tomorrow (September 25th) is when they would announce the interview invites. Michigan... Well, I haven't heard anything at all (although I did email the POC earlier today at work).

Good luck! I'm hoping to hear from either one!

Haven't heard anything from Michigan or Wisconsin. Anyone have any luck?

Negative. The suspense is tearing me apart.

Nothing from Wisconsin here either, I’m just assuming it’s a no for now, and if I hear different about an interview, it will be some awesome news.

I just hope they will be give some constructive criticism if it is, in fact, a no.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Guest Guy Sanchez

It sucks but I wouldn't be too hard on yourselves... I talked to the recruiters from Minnesota and Wisconsin and they said historically they like to hire from within. Now whether that is true or not is the next question...