Upcoming Boards

43 minutes ago, Lets Get Down To Business said:

Getting told no is pretty bad though if it keeps happening... can I ask you what your scores are? 

Of all my guard/reserve fighter bro’s, I only know a handful who got hired by the first (or second, third, etc.) unit they rushed. Takes a lot of no’s for most. Good luck. 

Edited by FlyArmy

5 minutes ago, FlyArmy said:

Of all my guard/reserve fighter bro’s, I only know a handful who got hired by the first (or second, third, etc.) unit they rushed. Takes a lot of no’s for most. Good luck. 

This is the truth. Most get it within 5-6 interviews or in some cases more. Congrats to those who score it on the 1, 2 or 3, but patience is key. Continue to refine and push harder. 

15 minutes ago, Engineer2Pilot said:

Guys who interviewed at the 120th/Buckley, what was the timeline on hearing back? I thought I recalled them saying might be a week or two after they send names into HR. Any news good or bad? 

No word yet. The head of the board said he was going to call everyone regardless of the decision. Keep an eye out on the phone. 

Alright Buckley Hopeful/Hopeful/Business is gone. I appreciate those of you who contacted me. I will do my best to keep up with this, but I rarely view this part of the forum. Just let me know if something needs cleaning up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ultimate Fighter Pilot said:

Also what do most dudes who age out do when age waivers don't work? Do they just give up or try their hand at AD? Think I've seen a couple of posters here go MIA after awhile and wanted to know if they gave up or went on to fly a desk or something.

they probably got hired and are in the middle of some intense training ;)

Are you needing an age waiver?  Iv seen some talk on these forums and also spoke with a pilot who went to UPT at 37.  If you need a waiver, keep chugging man.

1 minute ago, Ultimate Fighter Pilot said:

Damn, 37 years old? What's he flying, a casket? I guess it's just a little scary and discouraging seeing guys posting about boards for awhile then drop off after awhile and we don't know if they got picked up or just gave up.

He was flying heavys I remember that much, but hey...he's living the dream.

I got hired with the expectation of needing an age waiver, so the possibilities are out there man.  I am still waiting/completing transfer paperwork, so my waiver has not been submitted yet, however I am expecting everything to go smoothly...just not swiftly...

Spend some time reading deep into these forums and abusing the shit out of the search feature like I did.  make connections and start conversations and you will learn a lot.  I whole heartedly believe that my success of getting hired (after 4 interviews) was a result of a lot of research on here, investing money into bogidope services, and spending a lot of personal time and money visiting squadrons around the country. 

Keep your head low, be honest, be humble, be the best you, and you will find the right unit.

1 minute ago, Ultimate Fighter Pilot said:

Nice man! Where did you get hired?

I got hired at the best place for my family and I.  I'll keep the squadron specifics quiet for now and I wouldn't want to paint a "this squadron gives waiver's" target on them.

I did not rush them because I knew they were willing to give waivers or had the dream airframe that everyone wants.  I actually knew nothing about them except the basics one could google so I started making cold calls to them. 

Because of my family situation (my wife is an EFMP with medical issues), they were in the ideal location for us because they were around our extended family.  This would allow my family to be supported while I was away for training/deployments in the future.  I also couldn't have asked for a better group of flyers to hang out with the rest of my career.  They are all great people and look forward to flying with them soon.

On 4/30/2018 at 4:31 PM, Sopwith Camel said:

The announcements for Fresno were made today and names posted on their website.

http://www.144fw.ang.af.mil/Resources/Pilot-Boards/

... I'm not one of them

Same. I was hoping to hear back from them anyway so I could figure out what to do better in the future. 

Anybody know if they plan on contacting people who weren't selected for interviews, or if there's a way to reach out to them to ask? (Or if it's advised...)

For everyone’s SA.

The 148th FW posted this on their Facebook page.

The 148 FW will be accepting applications for Undergraduate Flight Training (UFT) opportunities 1 July through 17 August 2018, with interviews for those selected to do so to be held between 13-16 September 2018. Please see the attached documents with more information on application requirements. 

Deadline for receipt of applications in our office is 17 August 2018 (received by 17 August, not postmarked by 17 August) 

If you are interested in applying, please send us the following information:

- Applicant Information Sheet (attached)

- Cover Letter

- Resume

- Official College Transcript (original or a copy of original)

- AFOQT Scores 

- TBAS scores 

- Copy of Pilot Certificate(s) (if applicable)

- Copy of the last page of your logbook showing # of flight hours

- Letters of Recommendation (2 or 3 good ones which speak to your skills as an aviator/leader)

-  Air Force Form 24 

- Current fitness test report (if military member)

- Most recent EPR/OPR/performance report (if military member)

Your application package can be sent to:

148FW/FSS

Attn: Maj Gina Keppeler
4680 Viper Street
Duluth, MN 55811

Notes

* Individual tours are not done for prospective UFT candidates during the period of time we are accepting applications

* We use the whole person concept. Let your accomplishments speak for themselves.

* Flying experience and aero-ratings are highly desirable but they are not required.

* Candidates selected to meet the Interview Board will be officially invited to interview with the unit. It is your responsibility to provide a current phone number and email address to contact you.

* Typically we hire one primary candidate and one alternate.

* Age Cut Offs:

-Prior Service Aviators: It will depend on type of airframe experience

-Non-prior Service: We prefer age 28 or less prior to the interview date (you must be in UFT by your 30th birthday and the available training slot is generally for the following calendar year)

* Fulltime Employment

-This Board is for part-time/traditional Air National Guard positions. If selected, you will be on active duty for training for 3-4 years but ultimately you will revert back to traditional/part-time status when training is completed.

* UFT Packages: Concise, well organized, with a professional appearance are required. There is a great deal of competition for these slots and your application package is your first impression to us. Make it count!!

For additional information contact:

Maj Gina Keppeler, gina.m.keppeler.mil@mail.mil

Best to all!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, BobisBell said:

Anybody else have success stories that they want to share like some old posts on here? Always good to hear about guys getting hired, especially when it's more recent.

Maybe start a new thread? I wouldn't want to derail what this one is for.

• Upvote 1

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 2:49 PM, JustHangingOut said:

He was flying heavys I remember that much, but hey...he's living the dream.

I got hired with the expectation of needing an age waiver, so the possibilities are out there man.  I am still waiting/completing transfer paperwork, so my waiver has not been submitted yet, however I am expecting everything to go smoothly...just not swiftly...

Spend some time reading deep into these forums and abusing the shit out of the search feature like I did.  make connections and start conversations and you will learn a lot.  I whole heartedly believe that my success of getting hired (after 4 interviews) was a result of a lot of research on here, investing money into bogidope services, and spending a lot of personal time and money visiting squadrons around the country. 

Keep your head low, be honest, be humble, be the best you, and you will find the right unit.

Yeah definitely. Keep at it and research/network/grow as much as possible. Great advice bro

Reminder - next weekend is drill in New Orleans (May 18-20).  We'll be sending out invites for UPT interviews after next weekend.  Interviews will be held over drill weekend in June (8-10).  Good luck and we'll see you in NOLA.  

• Like 1

On 5/2/2018 at 2:28 PM, Ultimate Fighter Pilot said:

Also what do most dudes who age out do when age waivers don't work? Do they just give up or try their hand at AD? Think I've seen a couple of posters here go MIA after awhile and wanted to know if they gave up or went on to fly a desk or something.

I went Warrant. 

• 2 weeks later...