Upcoming Boards

1 hour ago, ZenBrendan said:

*****Speaking of Denver, has anyone heard anything back from the F-16 unit about interviews? I haven't received a rejection or anything yet.

Website says: 

Thanks to all 2018 UPT board applicants. We are currently reviewing applications. Those applicants selected for an interview will be notified via telephone as soon as able.

Intervews: 20 Apr 2018

UPT start date FY19

http://www.buckleypilotjob.com/

On 3/13/2018 at 4:38 PM, va121mir said:

@mb1685  The march board did not take unsponsored. The one in may should take unsponsored again but if you get selected you will be put "backup" list and will not go to upt until you get a unit to sponsor you. This is per the january board release message. As far as waivers, AFRC said they will not take anybody needing a waiver unsponsored. If you want the contact info for the guys running the board at AFRC let me know and I can send it to you.

Age Waivers or all waivers in general? Can you PM me the contact info.   

7 hours ago, Sit On Acorns said:

Anyone know if our favorite Buckley applicant got the call?

I think we all know the answer to that. It's pretty satisfying that the guy he was criticizing got the invite but he didn't.

Edited by GDAL
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Sopwith Camel said:

Did anyone here apply to the Massachusetts ANG, 131st FS for the F-15C? I can't remember whether they stated when interview notifications were going to be. Due date was only a week ago, I'm just curious.

I applied but haven’t heard anything back yet

14 hours ago, NavionHawk said:

Anyone hear when the AFRC March UPT board results are supposed to come out? I’m on pins and needles waiting! 

Results will come out ~3 weeks after the board according to the sharepoint. Nothing on there for the 18-03 board yet as of today.

Looking for opinions here: What is the earliest someone in ROTC looking to commission into guard/reserves should board or visit a unit if they graduate in 2020? Do you think its too soon for a unit to hire someone for that timeline? I'm interested in visiting as soon as possible

11 hours ago, ayz33 said:

Looking for opinions here: What is the earliest someone in ROTC looking to commission into guard/reserves should board or visit a unit if they graduate in 2020? Do you think its too soon for a unit to hire someone for that timeline? I'm interested in visiting as soon as possible

It's never too early to start looking into this and getting your name out to units. Some places are different about when they will bring you in for an interview regarding time until graduation (6 months, last semester, 90 credit hours completed, something like that). It's a great time to try for the meet and greets though. Honestly, that might be one of the biggest things you could do, aside from good pilot and PCSM scores. If you want it, don't let anything stand in your way because it is possible! Keep up what you're doing!

9 hours ago, BigRigButters1 said:

It's never too early to start looking into this and getting your name out to units. Some places are different about when they will bring you in for an interview regarding time until graduation (6 months, last semester, 90 credit hours completed, something like that). It's a great time to try for the meet and greets though. Honestly, that might be one of the biggest things you could do, aside from good pilot and PCSM scores. If you want it, don't let anything stand in your way because it is possible! Keep up what you're doing!

Thanks, Im a prior E guy with 99 pilot and 93 pcsm so i just need to get my face out there asap!

Hey all, I'm trying to connect with someone from the 446th AW at JBLM. I can't seem to find any information anywhere about pilot hiring there except every now and then when someone says they got hired. Should I just contact their recruiting office with their generic "contact us" page? In previous experience I've found the recruiters can usually only help with enlisted interest and don't know much about pilot hiring. Any information would be a big help. Thanks! 

On 3/10/2018 at 11:01 AM, IMUA said:

HIANG said 3-4 more weeks yesterday...but i’d plan on 4-6. They mentioned routing shenanigans.

“Selection approval” is somewhere between the OG and Wing level as of yesterday still waiting on the HIANG/CC and mailing process (unless they email or call this year).

For my civilian bros lets say it’s a 4 step process.  We’re at 1.5 of 4...

15 hours ago, IMUA said:

“Selection approval” is somewhere between the OG and Wing level as of yesterday still waiting on the HIANG/CC and mailing process (unless they email or call this year).

For my civilian bros lets say it’s a 4 step process.  We’re at 1.5 of 4...

Any estimate on how much longer? 

• Haha 1