Upcoming Boards

6 hours ago, sforron said:

Nope, I'm in the same boat.

4 hours ago, Heavywanabe said:

Same boat as well. 

Hiring guy at my squadron and was told they'd release results sometime this week. Spoke with him earlier. 

26 minutes ago, tootallforschool said:

Hiring guy at my squadron and was told they'd release results sometime this week. Spoke with him earlier. 

I've heard conflicting answers, should we be receiving class dates, or just a "You're officially selected?"

12 minutes ago, sforron said:

I've heard conflicting answers, should we be receiving class dates, or just a "You're officially selected?"

From what I understand, we'll receive dates. Maybe someone can substantiate this.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kylrs said:

Do I need to officially update my PCSM score with added flying hours? It shows what my scores will be with the hour increase but didn't know if I have to submit them officially

Take your flight book to where you took your TBAS and they will scan the updated log and update your score.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Kylrs said:

Do I need to officially update my PCSM score with added flying hours? It shows what my scores will be with the hour increase but didn't know if I have to submit them officially

go to the PCSM website http://access.afpc.af.mil/pcsmdmz/.  click where it says update flying hours.

There will be a sample "Commander's letter."  use that as an example for your flight instructor to verify your updated flying hours and then email it to AFPC.PCSM@us.af.mil  along with your log book page . They will update within 24 hours with the newest score.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, AlphaLimaCharlie said:

My Squadrons hiring chair text me saying that results are rumored to be released late tomorrow.

Stay Tuned!

I heard a rumor that the results will be out by June 6th.

This is the Air Force.  Don’t believe anything until after you see it for yourself.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Workinforafighter said:

Here is my question to this. I understand that there are some units that look at your 201+ score and others that do not (I got an interview with a fighter unit recently, but I also knew a lot of pilots at the unit). My PCSM score with current flight time is a 76, and 201 is a 92 with my AFOQT pilot at a 90. I have already taken my TBAS twice. Will they at least consider that my 201 hour score is a 92? I only have 42 hours, and to get 201 would be beyond me at this point financially. Thoughts? Thanks!

Had nearly the same situation, current score 74 with 58 hours and a 90 with >201. In the interview it was brought up and I explained to them how I do my best to buy hours and fly and most of them could relate. I wouldn't worry too much about it, flying is expensive and you gotta eat!

Edited by tootallforschool

5 hours ago, Workinforafighter said:

Here is my question to this. I understand that there are some units that look at your 201+ score and others that do not (I got an interview with a fighter unit recently, but I also knew a lot of pilots at the unit). My PCSM score with current flight time is a 76, and 201 is a 92 with my AFOQT pilot at a 90. I have already taken my TBAS twice. Will they at least consider that my 201 hour score is a 92? I only have 42 hours, and to get 201 would be beyond me at this point financially. Thoughts? Thanks!

I'm not sure why some units look at the 201 score if the hours aren't there, but regardless, package gets the interview, interview (and the entire event of the weekend) wins you the job. On paper you're good enough and now they want to  see if you're a good fit otherwise. Don't worry about this one data point. 

The 345th Bomb Squadron at Dyess AFB, TX is having a rated/non-rated hiring board to select new applicants to join the “Desperados.” Applications will be accepted through 11 August 2017 and interviews for those invited will be held on 14-15 October 2017, during our UTA weekend. This board will be to hire both off the street and rated Pilots and Weapon Systems Officers.

Attached you will find the requirements to help you assemble your application package. Questions can be sent to 345BS.Hiring@gmail.com.

Good luck to all that apply!

345th Bomb Squadron Request for Applications.docx

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Naviguesser said:

Reserve UPT board 17-01 results are awaiting AFRC/CC signature.  Release is anticipated by COB Friday (23 June).

That's the latest update.

Good to hear some news. Can anyone confirm what, exactly, we'll be hearing from the board? Just select/non-select, or will we be getting class dates out of it as well?