Upcoming Boards

On 1/3/2017 at 1:33 PM, hookemTX93 said:

You, my friend, are a gentleman and scholar. I've been fortunate enough to score my slot already but this is a great service to the community.

My one recommendation to update your script is if you change the "posted" date for the boards to the actual application deadline or at least include that in the homepage table. (That's more importanter info, my 2c)

Yes I will do that. I hadn't thought of that but that does seem to be more important than a posting date. Will update as soon as possible! Thanks for the feedback.

The 144FW (194th FS), California Air National Guard in Fresno, will be holding a pilot board on Sunday, May 7th 2017.  Applications for UPT candidates are due by Sunday, April 2nd, 2017 and notifications to be invited for an interview will be made on or around April 15th, 2017.

Please only submit packages electronically via the email at the link below. There will be two slots and one alternate. Unfortunately at this time, we are not pursuing age waivers.

Information can be found at the 144FW pilot board webpage:

http://www.144fw.ang.af.mil/Resources/Pilot-Boards

The site isn't up to date for this year yet but this post has all of the deadline info you need. Wanted to get it out there as soon as possible. Looking forward to meeting some of you!

• Upvote 1

The 144FW (194th FS), California Air National Guard in Fresno, will be holding a pilot board on Sunday, May 7th 2017.  Applications for UPT candidates are due by Sunday, April 2nd, 2017 and notifications to be invited for an interview will be made on or around April 15th, 2017.
Please only submit packages electronically via the email at the link below. There will be two slots and one alternate. Unfortunately at this time, we are not pursuing age waivers.
Information can be found at the 144FW pilot board webpage:
http://www.144fw.ang.af.mil/Resources/Pilot-Boards
The site isn't up to date for this year yet but this post has all of the deadline info you need. Wanted to get it out there as soon as possible. Looking forward to meeting some of you!

Must really want it to live in Fresno

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

All, 

Due to our current deployment we have reschedule our outreach event. This will now be held on April 1st and is for APPLICANTS ONLY. The event is not a requirement but is a good chance to meet the pilots in the squadron and see the local area. Hand carried applications will be accepted for this event only. Our website is currently being updated to reflect this change. 

Please email jeremy.t.devlin.mil@mail.mil to RSVP. 

On 2/17/2017 at 1:18 AM, justlooking said:

There's no such thing. U have to leave active duty or pc

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Baseops Network Forums mobile app

I should have been more specific. I understand I will have to palace chase/front. I'm looking for what paperwork the unsponsored board needs as well as the process for routing. 

38 minutes ago, Topper14 said:

The DC ANG, 121st FS is now accepting applications for an upcoming UPT Board. Applications are due by March 26th. The link below should answer any questions regarding the process. Good Luck!

http://www.113wg.ang.af.mil/Portals/12/documents/DCANG UPT Guide Application Package - updated 9 Feb 2017.pdf?ver=2017-02-28-074514-200

Saved that file simply because there's so much good information for any ANG/AFRES UPT applicant/selectee. Thank you.

2 hours ago, Topper14 said:

The DC ANG, 121st FS is now accepting applications for an upcoming UPT Board. Applications are due by March 26th. The link below should answer any questions regarding the process. Good Luck!

http://www.113wg.ang.af.mil/Portals/12/documents/DCANG UPT Guide Application Package - updated 9 Feb 2017.pdf?ver=2017-02-28-074514-200

Info packet says no age/commissioned time in service waivers. Any flexibility in that requirement? 

On 3/2/2017 at 0:27 PM, Topper14 said:

The email in the app packet says it is undeliverable...anyone else with the same problem?

On 3/11/2017 at 3:53 PM, flyincoug34 said:

The email in the app packet says it is undeliverable...anyone else with the same problem?

I believe mine went through. I had emailed the address a day prior and got a response so I know the email is legit. Did you use the CAC enabled website to submit when it gave you that "undeliverable" message? I got an email after I submitted saying that it was uploaded.

On 3/11/2017 at 2:53 PM, flyincoug34 said:

I had that issue and when I tried manually typing in the e-mail address (rather than copying and pasting it) it seemed to work. I had done some searching to try to troubleshoot the UTF-8 error I got and someone suggested that. I haven't gotten a response yet but the e-mail didn't bounce back. Of course, when you actually submit the packet you'll need to use AMRDEC SAFE.

Edited by mb1685
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Gtseth818 said:

The hyperlink text is usaf.dc.113-wg.mbx.113WG-DCANG-UPT@mail.mil whereas the hyperlink itself is usaf.dc.113wg.mbx.113WGDCANGUPT@mail.mil. The dashes don't appear to be transferred through on the hyperlink.

Is figuring this out part of the application process? You already passed the attention to detail test.

Edited by Bobsan
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Gtseth818 said:

That's because there's a discrepancy between the hyperlink and its text.

The hyperlink text is usaf.dc.113-wg.mbx.113WG-DCANG-UPT@mail.mil whereas the hyperlink itself is usaf.dc.113wg.mbx.113WGDCANGUPT@mail.mil. The dashes don't appear to be transferred through on the hyperlink.

They appear to be the same in my application information PDF and I double checked the e-mails that bounced and they include the dashes. I think copying and pasting from the PDF may have included non-UTF-8 characters, but manually typing it seemed to work.

I have a helpful link/program for everyone like me trying to put all these packets together. You can combine pdf's, split them and do a whole bunch of other stuff for free. I was too much of a cheapo to pay for adobe pro. It seemed kinda janky but it's worked great for me so far. Here's the link. Hope it helps someone. 

http://www.pdfsam.org/download-pdfsam-basic/

• Upvote 2