Upcoming Boards

5 hours ago, tgonzo29 said:

Just submitted my package to the Oregon Air National Guard to be an F-15C pilot. Wish me luck!

5 hours ago, Kiloalpha said:

Same here, brother. Good luck, maybe I'll see you at the interviews!

Klamath?

Hey dudes, I'm putting together a complete list of all fighter units and when their next UPT boards are going to be, along with a link to their respective UPT package information.  Let me know if you would be interested.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, FlatSpin said:

Invitations went out on the 7th. They are interviewing 14 people I think. Congrats to those that got it.

They emailed me on the 8 that I did not get selected for an interview. I expected it from my AFOQT scores. 

Congrats though to everyone who did get it! 

Hey bros. Kind of off topic but when I was looking for a slot, I would cruise this board to see who I was going to send my packet off to next. I got a lot of "thanks but no thanks" and it was discouraging. I know of a buddy who found himself in the same situation and eventually gave up on the dream. I sent packets to numerous units. I interviewed at four units before I got picked up. I also know of a dude, who's now in my class, that interviewed 11 times before getting picked up. Long story short, people who want this enough get picked up. Keep at it and keep plugging away. 

I'm currently BFM'ing my face off in B-course for the Viper and it's the best job I've ever had. Keep applying and keep pursuing this career! I've gotten so much from this board/site and I want to give back as much as I can. Please feel free to PM me for anything! 

As was once said to me, "Make them tell you no". 

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, Kiloalpha said:

Anyone hear anything from Oregon? Heard through the grapevine they've started sending notifications.

Just got a response, and didn't make the cut. Looks like I was right up there in terms of scores so it must have been pretty competitive.

On 2/6/2017 at 10:15 PM, Dynamite said:

The next AFRC Board 17-01 will be held 16-17 May. Apps are due Apr 28th. Unsponsored applicants will be considered. 

Is there any information online about the process of applying for an unsponsored applicant? Maybe I just suck at searching but I cant find any concrete information on the application process itself. Everything says go talk to a recruiter.

21 minutes ago, axc93 said:

Is there any information online about the process of applying for an unsponsored applicant? Maybe I just suck at searching but I cant find any concrete information on the application process itself. Everything says go talk to a recruiter.

Yes, because you need to talk to a recruiter. They will get you the documents you need to fill out, schedule your AFOQT/TBAS if needed, and get you sent to MEPS for a med screen. There's not a ton to do that doesn't involve a recruiter.