Upcoming Boards

2 hours ago, bb17 said:

I think that is part of the intended experience. Considering that the training requires so much persistence to succeed, it is doing everybody a favor by making it a little bit of a challenge to get in contact with the right people to get your foot in the door. The people that can't be bothered to find the necessary information and break through on their own probably wouldn't be well suited for training. I'd imagine that posting posting POC info for a unit without their consent is sort of circumnavigating their hiring process slightly. 

THIS! I agreed whole heartedly. It was pretty much a part time job building my Unit POC spreadsheet. I spent time compiling information from every single guard and reserve unit there is. The endless calling and emailing leads to get in contact with anyone in a squadron that knew something about UPT hiring was a TON of work. But I believe that is just part of the process and anyone who is that serious about EARNING a UPT slot in the AFRC needs to put in the leg work. Hard work and persistence, but it's all worth it. I couldn't post my spreadsheet due to all the personal cell numbers and home emails. Though I wouldn't mind helping someone in a private message that is looking for a POC for those hard to reach units.

19 hours ago, knightops said:

Surprising AFRC UPT board results. Anyone have any insight on the unsponsored numbers side? Only 7 were selected as alternates and none selected to actually go? Wow.

What do you mean by this? Nobody got a UPT slot?

2 hours ago, knightops said:

I mean that none of the "unsponsored" candidates got selected to go. Thanks for asking for clarification. I should have worded that better. 

Hell of a pendulum swing from what it sounds like the pick-up rate for unsponsored candidates was on the last board. 

Might not be the best place to ask, but would anyone mind chatting with me quick about the process for grabbing a reserve (both unsponsored and sponsored) slot? I've primarily focused ANG and have a good grasp on that process, but I'm still wondering about the reserve process. Appreciate any insight. I'm a non-prior, btw.

Edited by Idontknownanything

• 4 weeks later...

Next AFRC board will be June. Again, get your medical clearance completed before the package submission deadline. Meaning if you need MFS, you should be scheduled a full month ahead. Remember if you already did MFS, the clearances are good for ~4 years, so just reapply with your last certification.

1 hour ago, SolaceOneTwo said:

Wondering the same thing about Michigan. Nothing here yet.

I emailed on the 15th asking if notifications had gone out.  The response said applications would be finalized and notifications would go out on the 20th.. I'm guessing Monday. 

Wondering the same thing about Michigan. Nothing here yet.

I emailed on the 15th asking if notifications had gone out.  The response said applications would be finalized and notifications would go out on the 20th.. I'm guessing Monday. 

Hey thanks for the info. I'll let you know if I hear anything

20 hours ago, mp.odea said:

The original announcement said they are holding a selection board in early February.  I interpreted that to mean that that's when the interviews were going to be held.  When I contacted the recruiter 2 weeks ago I was told the February board date is actually the day they will be selecting which candidates to interview. 

Edited by Slick

10 hours ago, Slick said:

The original announcement said they are holding a selection board in early February.  I interpreted that to mean that that's when the interviews were going to be held.  When I contacted the recruiter 2 weeks ago I was told the February board date is actually the day they will be selecting which candidates to interview. 

That doesn't sound correct.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd like to spread the word about this resource for those of you who have not heard about it.  Emerald Coast Interview Consulting is an excellent interview 'training' firm. They don't exactly 'give you the answers' per say, but they help you build a tool kit to reach into while building your answers before and during the interview that help highlight your strengths and accomplishments and then help polish your delivery.

It's primarily geared toward folks interviewing for airline jobs, but it's owned by a former Eagle driver and many of the instructors are current / former guard pilots.  Once you've bought into the program you can use the web content and attend as many seminars as you'd like, and continue using it several years from now if you decide to go to the airlines after seasoning days.  I attended one seminar, most of my fellow students were guard pilots looking for airline jobs, so more networking opportunities and some insider information straight from the source.  The instructors I worked with seemed genuinely concerned with helping all of us get hired.  It helped me tremendously and was instrumental in landing a slot recently.  It's not exactly cheap, but for me it was well worth it.  Check them out, good luck everyone!

https://emerald-coast-interview-consulting.com/

Edited by Fievel