Upcoming Boards

Hi, is anyone in the know about the 107 FS hiring process or timeline? I've tried the Google machine and calling the recruiters but got nothing useful. I figured I'd ask around before calling ops. 

Thanks 

For their last board packets were due in mid Feb and the board was held early March. 

• Upvote 1

Hi, is anyone in the know about the 107 FS hiring process or timeline? I've tried the Google machine and calling the recruiters but got nothing useful. I figured I'd ask around before calling ops. 

Thanks 

I interviewed there for the last board. Great unit. Said they were planning another March(ish) board. Just got back from a 6 mth deployment. We went for a social at the squadron the night before and then interviewed on Saturday during drill. They allow visits before the interview and even a couple of applicants who didn't get an interview visited the day during the interviews. PM me if you want more info...

I did't want to start a new thread, but I'm in a bit of a unique position and was hoping some of the posters here could help a bit .  Due to commissioning in about 6 months with the Air Force, I am looking for any AFR/ANG units hiring for UFT slots.  At this point I am willing to apply anywhere, the only thing that I'm struggling with is finding units that are currently or will be hiring soon.  I believe I am a good candidate for these positions, but I am lacking any sort of connections at the respective units, which I recognize is critical.  If any of you have information there that you could PM me, or just lead me in the right direction to get in contact with people that may know more in that would be incredibly helpful.

Thank you!

I did't want to start a new thread, but I'm in a bit of a unique position and was hoping some of the posters here could help a bit .  Due to commissioning in about 6 months with the Air Force, I am looking for any AFR/ANG units hiring for UFT slots.  At this point I am willing to apply anywhere, the only thing that I'm struggling with is finding units that are currently or will be hiring soon.  I believe I am a good candidate for these positions, but I am lacking any sort of connections at the respective units, which I recognize is critical.  If any of you have information there that you could PM me, or just lead me in the right direction to get in contact with people that may know more in that would be incredibly helpful.

Thank you!

GuardReserveJobs

Also, check every units website and call around. You don't need any connections for most units.

Some units do no advertising or recruiting whatsoever. My last Guard unit was like that. Sometimes they had as little as 5 quality candidates going up for the board. I tried and tried to get them to post on here but they like people pursuing them and showing the initiative, so in that respect I understand.

Yes. My sponsoring unit gave me the good news that I was selected. Not sure when the official results will be released

Awesome, congrats!! 

Did they provide training dates?  Also, who contacted you - recruiter or hiring officer? 

Edited by Jumpseat18
update

Thanks. Hiring officer contacted me. Going to Wright Pat soon so will get dates after that (assuming I get approved).

Congrats! That's a very quick response. Nordo on my end so far, wasn't expecting anything until ~2 weeks from now.

I'm working at putting together a spreadsheet of all the ANG fighter units (A-10, F-15, F-16, F-22) and when their next UPT board will be, when the application is due, who the Point of Contact is, phone number, email, and the URL of the website listing the opening.

Let me know if you are interested.  Message or email me.

I'm working at putting together a spreadsheet of all the ANG fighter units (A-10, F-15, F-16, F-22) and when their next UPT board will be, when the application is due, who the Point of Contact is, phone number, email, and the URL of the website listing the opening.

Then if you get their permission, maybe we could post them all on www.guardreservejobs.com ?

Hello everyone. Anyone has a POC for 138th FW Oklahoma ANG. I've been trying to get in contact with the to find out if they are having a board with no luck. Thanks in advance.

Just a heads up- the Tulsa guys are gone for a couple months right now (I don't have a POC) so you might not get a response until late January or Feb. 

there's absolutely room for a simplified system:

maybe a single page to which people could submit updates which would generate emails. then, one or two people to approve the update and maintain some basic archival information. 

part of me thinks that tracking down hiring contact info for units, the difficult to get ones in particular (NOLA), is an integral part of the experience.

part of me thinks that tracking down hiring contact info for units, the difficult to get ones in particular (NOLA), is an integral part of the experience.

Yep. It's also clearly part of the way squadrons manage their pipeline. I think it will be difficult to get permission to post POCs for lots of places. I've specifically been told if I post an email/phone # online, I'll make the insta-shit list. Everyone is different though.

Yep. It's also clearly part of the way squadrons manage their pipeline. I think it will be difficult to get permission to post POCs for lots of places. I've specifically been told if I post an email/phone # online, I'll make the insta-shit list. Everyone is different though.

makes sense.

On 12/2/2015, 6:55:38, 12xu2a3x3 said:

I think that is part of the intended experience. Considering that the training requires so much persistence to succeed, it is doing everybody a favor by making it a little bit of a challenge to get in contact with the right people to get your foot in the door. The people that can't be bothered to find the necessary information and break through on their own probably wouldn't be well suited for training. I'd imagine that posting posting POC info for a unit without their consent is sort of circumnavigating their hiring process slightly. 

• Upvote 1