Upcoming Boards

Hey All,

I recently received an unsponsored slot in the reserve and completed my FC1. I've reached out to some fighter units and all are fully staffed. I've also interviewed at 2 guard fighter squadrons (have at least 1, possibly 2 more to go) and was not selected. Given that the 2015 boards have almost concluded, should I just accept the commission in the reserve? I ask because they are nearly all heavys and it seems that getting a fighter out of UPT for the AFR is almost impossible. However, I am 27 1/2 years old and am concerned if I don't jump on this opportunity I might be too old for the guard next year. I'm currently an airline pilot flying heavy metal so I was hoping to fly something different in the service. My PCSM is 99, AFOQT 99/95/92/86/88. Thanks!

Hey All,

I recently received an unsponsored slot in the reserve and completed my FC1. I've reached out to some fighter units and all are fully staffed. I've also interviewed at 2 guard fighter squadrons (have at least 1, possibly 2 more to go) and was not selected. Given that the 2015 boards have almost concluded, should I just accept the commission in the reserve? I ask because they are nearly all heavys and it seems that getting a fighter out of UPT for the AFR is almost impossible. However, I am 27 1/2 years old and am concerned if I don't jump on this opportunity I might be too old for the guard next year. I'm currently an airline pilot flying heavy metal so I was hoping to fly something different in the service. My PCSM is 99, AFOQT 99/95/92/86/88. 

Not sure if you realize this, but as unsponsored you can continue to interview with reserve units up until drop night in UPT. I say you should go for it. 

Hey All,

I recently received an unsponsored slot in the reserve and completed my FC1. I've reached out to some fighter units and all are fully staffed. I've also interviewed at 2 guard fighter squadrons (have at least 1, possibly 2 more to go) and was not selected. Given that the 2015 boards have almost concluded, should I just accept the commission in the reserve? I ask because they are nearly all heavys and it seems that getting a fighter out of UPT for the AFR is almost impossible. However, I am 27 1/2 years old and am concerned if I don't jump on this opportunity I might be too old for the guard next year. I'm currently an airline pilot flying heavy metal so I was hoping to fly something different in the service. My PCSM is 99, AFOQT 99/95/92/86/88. Thanks!

What unsponsored board did you get picked up from? The next board is in November of this year.

What application deadlines are still open? Does anyone have the contact info for a Reserves recruiter? I tried contacting a local recruiter, but I haven't gotten anywhere with them.

Are you talking about fighter units or all unit? Most fighter units I think are done for the year, save for maybe Boise. Their deadline was December of last year so that might be something to look into. Haven't seen anything from DC or Fresno. As for the AFRC recruiter, use the reserve website or preferably call the 800 number and tell them you want the contact information for their officer ascension recruiter in your area and they'll hook you up.

Are you talking about fighter units or all unit? Most fighter units I think are done for the year, save for maybe Boise. Their deadline was December of last year so that might be something to look into. Haven't seen anything from DC or Fresno. As for the AFRC recruiter, use the reserve website or preferably call the 800 number and tell them you want the contact information for their officer ascension recruiter in your area and they'll hook you up.

Ohio (180th FW) has a deadline of October 15th. As far as fighter units go, that's the last one I know about right now. Of course, there are a number of non-fighter units hiring right now too, such as 143rd in Rhode Island who are accepting packets until the 30th. 

Ohio (180th FW) has a deadline of October 15th. As far as fighter units go, that's the last one I know about right now. Of course, there are a number of non-fighter units hiring right now too, such as 143rd in Rhode Island who are accepting packets until the 30th. 

The 180th actually changed their deadline and they moved it up significantly. Packages were due by 31 August.

• Upvote 1

104th holds their board this Friday, so don't expect to hear anything sooner than that. 

177th notifications went out this weekend. 

so the "board date" of Friday the 25th is when they review the applications for potential interviewees? I was under the impression the "board" was the day of interviews. Not saying you're wrong, in fact I'm hoping you're right since I haven't heard anything yet. 

Question. Does the 149th FS(F-22) at VA ANG hold UPT boards?

klee - they have nothing planned as of now. I'm at the 1 / 192nd FW on AD and ask all the time. They hired 1 UPT guy a couple years back and he was the first in like 18 years. AFPC  generally views the ANG Raptor community as a pool of patches, IPs, msn/CCs, etc. HOWEVER, the Raptor B-course will start increasing the number of slots each year, so maybe the chances will go up slightly. 

klee - they have nothing planned as of now. I'm at the 1 / 192nd FW on AD and ask all the time. They hired 1 UPT guy a couple years back and he was the first in like 18 years. AFPC  generally views the ANG Raptor community as a pool of patches, IPs, msn/CCs, etc. HOWEVER, the Raptor B-course will start increasing the number of slots each year, so maybe the chances will go up slightly. 

Does this mean that the Raptors are going to start being produced again?