Upcoming Boards

Anyone knows if the 93d FS, Homestead, FL is having a board anytime soon? Thanks in advance!

fwiw i talked to them in the spring and they told me they had alot of folks in the pipeline, but that was then.

Also expect MFS certification to be required for any future boards. It seems AFRC is tired of playing with MFS and the member for medical certification after the fact.

So, my local recruiter scheduled me for the FC1/MFS and said to get in touch with the squadron that has tentatively selected me to have them issue me orders and pay for travel to WP... The squadron that tentatively selected me is doing so pending approval of a moral waiver and I don't think they'll agree to picking up the travel tab until that waiver is approved... I don't mind covering the cost of driving to WP for the physical, but I'm a civ and right now all I have to prove I should be on base is an email trail from some MFS folks saying I've been "cleared to attend"... I don't know that will pass muster at the gate... Should I go back and press the squadron to drop orders or go back to my recruiter (I've already done that once)?  Or something else?

someone will need to sponsor you on base, that's usually something your recruiter will handle.

i'm sure prior service folks have some good stories about showing up to boards and have some LPA member ask "hey bro, you have a CAC? you mind uh, sponsoring some people?" 15 applicants later...

The 122nd FW of the IN ANG interview notifications should all be out. I was not invited, but it was a Hail Mary to my homestate FW. I have an A/D application in with the results projected in about three weeks. 

Here's some of the boards I was tracking for this year and thought I would throw it up so guys might have an idea what times unit might open up hiring next year. A few are missing (Boise & Hawaii off the top of my head). Hawaii doesn't seem to advertise at all and only seems to give out the board info to those who reach out and contact them and it seems like they accept applications early in the year with interviews around April-ish but I'm not 100% on that. Boise apps were due in December of last year and their board was in March. Good luck all.

Board Dates.JPG

The 188th Wing has announced its next pilot board for 5 Dec 2015. Packets must be turned in NLT 13 Nov 2015. The attachment has all the requirements for your packet. Please email TSgt Jeff Mathews at William.j.mathews22.mil@mail.mil with any questions. Thank you.  

UPT Application Requirements.doc

UPT Application Requirements.doc

If this is in the wrong forum feel free to move it. I just wanted to get some opinions.

I am prior service ANG and have been invited to 4 interviews this year at cargo units and one with the 106th Rescue Wing, but haven't received any invites for FW's yet. I have the option to switch to a local Army National Guard unit and fly the LUH-72 Lakota's or HH-60's. I just turned 28 and I am trying to weigh the pro's and con's of switching services. Anyone familiar with the process or have any input? Anyone know of any units (other than the 104fw and those on the Guardreservejobs website) still accepting packets?

• Downvote 1

If this is in the wrong forum feel free to move it. I just wanted to get some opinions.

I am prior service ANG and have been invited to 4 interviews this year at cargo units and one with the 106th Rescue Wing, but haven't received any invites for FW's yet. I have the option to switch to a local Army National Guard unit and fly the LUH-72 Lakota's or HH-60's. I just turned 28 and I am trying to weigh the pro's and con's of switching services. Anyone familiar with the process or have any input? Anyone know of any units (other than the 104fw and those on the Guardreservejobs website) still accepting packets?

Try not to double post, it is a pretty small forum and what the other poster said was for sure the best advice, first slot you get offered, jump on it. As far as UPT boards, you have to check each site and see when their next board is. If you are really persistent, you can email them as well to see when their next future board will be. Being that you are 28, I would print out the entire ANG list and make sure you check and/or contact each one. Not sure army age limit for their pilot training, but 28 is usually as old as you get for wings to consider you. 

The 118th OG will have a Pilot (18X)/URT Hiring Board 7 Nov 15.  We will likely hire 2 candidates.  This board is for both non-prior and prior service members, to include rated Navigators or Combat System Operators that want to cross train to 18X.  You can PM me with questions or contact MSgt Ron Hartley, 118th WG recruiter, Ronald.f.hartley.mil@mail.mil.   Packets need to be submitted NLT 31 Oct 15.

118 OG Commissioning Packet.pdf

Edited by herkbum
  • Upvote 1