Upcoming Boards

Is the 136th AW really having a board soon? And the 193rd SOW? I can't find any information...

Legwork:

http://www.agd.state.tx.us/jobs/air/traditional/136/136-14-51%2011M3B%20-%20Pilot.pdf

Regarding the 193rd, I came across this info from calling the ops desk and asking about upcoming UPT boards. PM me for contact info for the UPT hiring guy.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Notifications for interviews with the 187th FW should be going out now, I just got mine! :beer: They said they'll notify everyone one way or another by the end of the week.

Congratulations to others who have received the notice, I'll see you in Montgomery!

Has anyone heard when Toledo is holding their interviews or has gotten an interview notification?

I tried emailing to see if they received my application, and I haven't gotten a response and that was three weeks ago. I think it also said the interviews would be held tentatively in November.

Has anybody applied to the 162nd in Tucson? I believe they said interviews would be held this past weekend and haven't heard from them at all either.

Edited by trulmer

The 104th FW in MA looks like it's having a quick turnaround board...packets due by 14 Nov w/ a board on the 21st of this month. Slot looks like it's for this FY.

Great Find. Thanks for sharing. Anyone know what they mean by "Certified raised-seal official transcripts".

Means you need official transcript from university you attended. They will mail you the official raised seal transcript.

Also, 104FW website says personal appearance required. Don't know if that's if you get an interview or making a prior appearance on a UTA weekend.

Edited by JetDriver5

Buckley will be hiring TWO EXPERIENCED F-16 pilots this December(2014) as traditional (part-time) guardsmen! Interviews conducted December 4, 5, 6, 2014.

• Target commission date to accommodate our force structure requirements: 2001 or later.
  • Stop by for a visit during November Drill (Nov 15-16, 2014)

Our next UPT hiring board is not anticipated until 2017.

http://buckleypilotjob.com

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious about the 180th in Toledo. Has anyone heard from them? Their website said the board would tentatively held in November and I've never received word one way or another. I tried calling a couple times with no luck so far.

I just got another "no." That's three "no's" and one "we have to say no but we really don't wanna so please apply next time and we'll probably maybe say yes....???"

What do y'all do when you get discouraged? I feel down because look great on paper and get an interview wherever I apply, but I seem to just stink at interviewing (yes, I've practiced with people).

Just gonna keep tryin' and look into active duty....

Just keep on trucking dude. Ask for feedback from the board to find out where you can improve yourself in the interviews. I interviewed 13 times before getting selected, and I wasn't even the primary guy. The primary guy fell out at Brooks and then I got the call. If this is what you want to do with your life, do absolutely everything you can to better yourself for the next set of interviews. It sounds like you don't have issues getting them.

I just got another "no." That's three "no's" and one "we have to say no but we really don't wanna so please apply next time and we'll probably maybe say yes....???"

What do y'all do when you get discouraged? I feel down because look great on paper and get an interview wherever I apply, but I seem to just stink at interviewing (yes, I've practiced with people).

Just gonna keep tryin' and look into active duty....

Go to one of Albie's interview courses at Emerald Coast Interview consulting. It's pricey ($400) and generally focused on airlines but when I went through recently, there was a dude prepping for a Reserve interview and they were able to help him quite a bit.