Upcoming Boards

I didn't think the 122nd was going to finalize interview selections until mid August time frame...Are you saying you got an interview notice, or just that they asked for more paperwork? Based on the initial e-mail we got after package submission, I wouldn't necessarily think anyone's completely out of the running if they haven't been contacted yet. Or that them asking for more paperwork guarantees someone an interview slot, though it would appear to be a good sign. Unless you were told something different in the e-mail/phone call from them or I'm interpreting that e-mail wrong.

Edited by FalconAg

Got the no-go e-mail from the 176th this morning -- best of luck to the rest of you.

Same. Thought I had a shot at least, but to not even get an interview was surprising. Maybe my PCSM was too low at 89, or maybe they didn't like that I wasn't at their social. Only thing I can think of, but I'll hAve to re-examine everything now... best of luck to those who got the call.

I was a non-select as well, 88 PCSM, 89 AFOQT, prior Air Force flying experience. I imagined it had a lot to do with being around the squadron and meeting people. I was also a non-select for the 107th FS (A-10s) and in their email they said that they place high emphasis on face time and things like that so regardless of scores I think some units just aren't going to hire you unless you do the meet and greets and/or visit the unit.

I got an email back today, "The current UPT board is restricted to current TN ANG members only." Not too sure of the legalities of this but these are the facts.

AZ's been doing that for years. I think they only had one that was open to anyone, recently.

AZ's been doing that for years. I think they only had one that was open to anyone, recently.

I prefer that than allowing people to fly out to interview knowing all the while they are only going to pick someone from their unit.

OR ANG is back on. Got this email today:

"Earlier this year you showed interest in becoming a pilot in the Oregon Air
National Guard. I wanted to inform you that we have opened up our
application window through August 15. If you're still interested can you
please re-send your original or updated application so we can include you in
this board. Selected applicants will be notified in early September and can
expect an interview the first weekend in October. If you have any questions
you can look at the 142 fighter wing website under careers and pilot
applications or email me directly. Thank you for your interest and have a
wonderful day,"

Found out today I was selected for FY16 UPT with the Mississippi ANG. Congrats to others who also received this news.

Good stuff man. Any thing in particular that you think helped you get selected?

Good stuff man. Any thing in particular that you think helped you get selected?

I can't say for sure because I really don't know. I would guess that my persistence and preparation helped as well as my background. I did know a person at the unit I was selected at who wrote me a letter of recommendation and introduced me to a lot of people but in the end he said it was all me (I'm sure my knowing him didn't hurt). I've applied to every unit opening across the country from the beginning of June until now so to me it's a numbers game really. The more you apply the more opportunities you open yourself up to. Keep improving your scores if possible, building hours, improving your cover letter, getting better letters of recommendations and doing mock interviews until there is no topic they can bring up that you can't speak to.