Upcoming Boards

Does anyone know when the "2 week window" to apply to the 142nd is?

They're the F-15 unit in Oregon, the website says there will be a window sometime in summer

Website says the application window will be open from August 1st-15th. Board will be held October 4-5.

I will see you in Jackson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not going bro, my ass belongs to the 168th already :D Good luck to all who attend, this is a great opportunity to fly the Globemaster III!

Not going bro, my ass belongs to the 168th already :D Good luck to all who attend, this is a great opportunity to fly the Globemaster III!

I may be going out on a limb here, but I don't think anyone actually calls it the Globemaster III. Especially the guys that fly them.

• Upvote 1

I heard from them yesterday. The board member who called me gave good feedback about the interview. He also gave the averages of the ages, scores and flight hours for those who applied and those who were selected for an interview. Zero selects for the -17 & -135 units. 1 primary and 2 alternate slots given for F-22. Lucky ducks

I didn't want to create a whole new thread for one question, so I figured I'd ask it here since a lot of you are in a similar situation. Can anybody tell me what happens if you're selected as an alternate for one unit, but are still applying to other units and want to try to get a primary slot there? That is, is there anything binding in nature about being selected as an alternate?

I didn't want to create a whole new thread for one question, so I figured I'd ask it here since a lot of you are in a similar situation. Can anybody tell me what happens if you're selected as an alternate for one unit, but are still applying to other units and want to try to get a primary slot there? That is, is there anything binding in nature about being selected as an alternate?

Short answer, no.

In fact I do believe most squadrons expect you to continue applying to other units; would it be fair for you to be on hold 1.5+ years for the first applicant to go through the background check, get to UPT, etc etc etc just to tell you "okay he/she made it! Thanks for waiting but you can move on now!"

Sometimes stuff happens where the primary selection can't pass a background check, has a glaring medical issue, or something of that nature that they find out within a few months. When that happens, it's nice to have an alternate to send or (correct me if I'm wrong) the unit just loses that slot for that year. So everybody wins, but keep applying.

• Upvote 1

Got an email and then a call from the 122nd today.

Pending some medical documents I am being considered! Friend of mine also got a call today. Congrats to anyone else who heard something

Considered for tryouts....dont step on your dick.

• Downvote 2