Upcoming Boards

19 hours ago, gear3green said:

That is for the f16s. I’m looking for info on the c40s. 

I know one of the pilots in the C40 squadron at Andrews.  He actually used to fly Vipers for the 121st and then switched over to the bigger jet so he could balance other responsibilities outside the guard.  He mentioned that they haven't had a UPT board and typically just hire rated aviators (I know they tend to fly around a bunch of very powerful government officials which probably has something to do with it).  If you're looking to fly heavies I'd probably focus your efforts elsewhere.  

Edited by tarheelaviator

3 hours ago, tarheelaviator said:

I know one of the pilots in the C40 squadron at Andrews.  He actually used to fly Vipers for the 121st and then switched over to the bigger jet so he could balance other responsibilities outside the guard.  He mentioned that they haven't had a UPT board and typically just hire rated aviators (I know they tend to fly around a bunch of very powerful government officials which probably has something to do with it).  If you're looking to fly heavies I'd probably focus your efforts elsewhere.  

Thanks man! I’m actually a rated guy already. Just looking for options. 

On 1/16/2020 at 10:31 AM, Burger said:

Got a hold of the B1 and B2 pilots a while ago. B1 guys said no Board for at least 3 years. B2 guys have prospects send in a resume and then they reach out, mostly rated though.

This was maybe 8 months ago, so it be a good idea to reach out to them to get an updated response

Can confirm the B-1 bit.  The Dyess Reserve folks won't have a UPT board till 2023.  As for the Missouri B-2s they just had a UPT board but it was open to only for folks who were currently in the Missouri Air National Guard.  The POC said they occasionally will recruit UPT from the outside but it depends on the year.  Hope this helps some folks.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, cowdog said:

Has anyone applied to the January Air Force Reserve Command (AFRC) Sponsored/Un-sponsored board? I was wondering if anyone has heard about the results...

My recruiter told me both the January and March Reserve pilot boards were canceled and all active duty pilot boards were canceled this year. 

1 hour ago, pilotcrum said:

My recruiter told me both the January and March Reserve pilot boards were canceled and all active duty pilot boards were canceled this year. 

When did you hear that? I spoke to my active recruiter on Friday and he didn’t mention anything about the board being canceled. 

16 hours ago, pilotcrum said:

I found out from my sponsoring unit yesterday that the Jan board is cancelled and they’re moving everyone to the March board. This is what they heard from AFRC. I guess the AFRC Student Pilot Training pipeline is backed up.

24 minutes ago, Burger said:

Anyone happen to know the number of applicants selected to attend UPT from Oregon's last Board (Last year)? I'm assuming is more than 1. Just curious

They selected 3 for Portland and 2 for Kingsley last year. They said they’re hiring 4 this year. 

Edited by doofer
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, doofer said:

They selected 3 for Portland and 2 for Kingsley last year. They said they’re hiring 4 this year. 

Can confirm from my trip out there.  Not sure what the breakdown is between the 2 locations are but they have 4 openings.  

25 minutes ago, BlueSkyz said:

Anyone have a good aircraft recce guide they used to prepare for interviews? 

Honestly, Google. 

I've only been asked to do recce at 1 interview. The aircraft listed were: T-6, T-38, F-16, F-15, F-18, B-2, U-2, and SU-30. 

Obviously that list depends on the type of airframe/unit you're applying for, but generally speaking, if you can identify all current US fighters/bombers, USAF trainers, and 5-6 foreign aircraft, you'll be just fine. As a sidenote, that slideshow also included Robin Olds. I'd be able to identify him and John Boyd.