Upcoming Boards

On 9/1/2019 at 3:36 PM, Silversteel said:

I’m not seeing a listing for June 2020 on the job listing page, the farthest out I can see is April 2020 for Fort Worth.

Application deadline is April 2020. Hiring Board is June 2020.

3 minutes ago, Seadogs said:

Who will be rushing the F-16 Texas and Wisconsin boards coming up early next year? Maybe we can get a group going to meet up and hang out while there.

FYI, last year WI didn't allow people to rush, so I'd reach out to the POC before you book your flights. They might have decided to open it up this year!

1 hour ago, N730 said:

FYI, last year WI didn't allow people to rush, so I'd reach out to the POC before you book your flights. They might have decided to open it up this year!

Yeah I'm like 70% sure Fort Worth is the same way. Says in their job listing you will be invited to the meet and greet if you are selected for the interview. 

5 minutes ago, doofer said:

Am I blind or is there no description of what they want included in the application packet? 

You might be, which bodes poorly for your flight physical! 😜 

Jk, the requirements are in the attached PDF on the bottom of the post. 

7 minutes ago, admdelta said:

You might be, which bodes poorly for your flight physical! 😜 

Jk, the requirements are in the attached PDF on the bottom of the post. 

Ha, yes I see the PDF but don't see a list of what they want included in the packet on the PDF, only the eligibility requirements. I suppose we could just read between the lines and include the info in the eligibility reqs, but usually it's more clear-cut than that. 

Edited by doofer

55 minutes ago, doofer said:

Ha, yes I see the PDF but don't see a list of what they want included in the packet on the PDF, only the eligibility requirements. I suppose we could just read between the lines and include the info in the eligibility reqs, but usually it's more clear-cut than that. 

Oh shoot you’re right! I just saw the attachment and assumed it was in there. Weird! 

Probably email the POC on there to ask in that case. 

7 minutes ago, BadGuySplash said:

Bogidope said fighter squadrons require higher pcsm than heavy squadron. Is there any truth to this?

Not a mil pilot (yet) so I obviously can't speak definitively, but I think generally speaking yes. There are probably heavier squadrons with really high PCSM thresholds, and fighter squadrons that don't give it too much weight, but my experience as an applicant has been yes. I think the bottom line is to just be the best applicant you can be, apply everywhere you could see yourself, and enjoy what works out. Thinking about the details will drive you crazy. 

C5 unit in San Antonio told me they require at least a high 80's score on the PCSM for most applicants to be considered. It will vary from unit to unit. I got hired on my first interview in 2014 with a PCSM of 72 and average AFOQT stats. Have a solid cover letter that outlines you as a person and enjoy the process.

Edited by CavGuy

1 hour ago, CavGuy said:

On a different note, is Bogidope a new website within the past few years? I remember having to go to each units website individually and see if they were hiring. 

Yeah I think it’s only been around for 2 or 3 years as far as I know. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/6/2019 at 9:22 AM, doofer said:

Hey looks like they edited their post and added more PDFs with the requirements.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BadGuySplash said:

Is there a waiver to take the PCSM a 3rd time like you can with the AFOQT?

If you mean the TBAS I’m pretty sure there’s not. Thought I read somewhere that a waiver is not possible for an additional retake. If I find a source I’ll post it here.