Return of Friday shirts / patches

Toro

It's been a month, and we're still waiting on approval to wear a t-shirt with...OMG...color on it. How is it seriously this big of deal that the CSAF says, "go for it" and the Wg/King still won't let the squadrons do it.

Probably weighing how this could negatively impact ladder climbing ability. Same type of person that sees "Go for it" = "Here's some rope. Go hang yourself."

Wore my Friday shirt and patches yesterday for the first time. What a breath of fresh air! Our squadron chose black shirts to make our scarves really pop. The boss held an open ranks inspection to ensure everyone's morale-building flare was fully standardized. I've never stood taller. Probably because my belleville's have a two inch heel.

//sarcasm off

In all seriousness, it was pretty fun to wear the black shirt again, and watching the girl in the MPS look at my name tag three times before realizing that it was a c/s, not my real first name.

I know, crazy talk! Mine was earned.

I was going to write a defense of my community, but after a dozen years of being good enough for our receivers to consider us 'admin' I really don't feel the need anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 6

Confirm tanker dude?

Yeah, we have a few named people at EGUN. On the less surprising side, when our copilot exec let us know we were having a "roll call" on Friday afternoon, a boom sarcastically asked if someone would be taking actual roll... Because no one would be dumb enough to think you actually call out roll at the start of a roll call...

Oh how they laughed and laughed.

• 2 months later...

Wing-approved Friday shirts BANNED in my corner of the Air Force UFN. I figured this would happen and totally called it a few months ago. This is exactly why I don't participate in standardized morale. I don't know the story behind it, but here is what I DO know: we need to stop acting like high school JV cheerleaders and act like....oh I don't know...adult MILITARY members. I am just so disgusted by this childish organization. Anyone else out there having Wing-approved wardrobe malfunctions?

Talk about a complete waste of time. Our wing has "approved" Friday patches and shirts too. There is even a local reg posted that gives the guidelines. The fact that someone spent the time writing this reg demonstrates how inefficient and misprioritized an organization we are and how we waste time on queep BS. I'll tell you what, though, having Friday shirts and patches back really increased my morale and desire to remain in the awesomeness that is active-duty! I am much more resilient now, too!!!

Edited by Cornholio5

I completely agree Cornholio! For the brief month or so that we had our Friday pieces of flair I nixed my plans to PC into the ANG/Reserves, didn't want to kill myself, and not once did I sexually assault someone! But now that it is gone...here's no telling what I might do. I should log into ADLS to see whether there is a CBT that will properly train me to handle this traumatic incident.

• Upvote 1

Here's a sneak peek for you ladies at what I'll be doing if I get RIF'd... writing ChickLit. It's probably just as important to the defense of the nation as the monkey dance I do on a daily basis right now anyway.

The Wg/CC enters the building on a friday shortly after the lunch push. As he walks the corridors that are dimly lit by flickering fluorescent lighting, he overhears muffled laughter deep within the training office.

"Clearly, this can't be productive." He mutters under his Elmer's glue scented breath. "Laughter in the office can only come from a sexual or racially insensitive joke."

The colonel continues his journey to the squadron commander's office, hell bent to know why his people are not taking the training seriously...

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

Does anyone know if AV8R Stuff (av8rstuff.com) is still in business? I've tried emailing them and the email address is unknown. I'd like a confirmation that they are open for business before entering my credit card info into their website. I did a search on the forums and didn't find anything.

Customink was the cheapest we found and they have great customer service.

Agree. I compared with plenty of other sites and they were the best for price, and a good customer service experience.

Does anyone know if AV8R Stuff (av8rstuff.com) is still in business? I've tried emailing them and the email address is unknown. I'd like a confirmation that they are open for business before entering my credit card info into their website. I did a search on the forums and didn't find anything.

I ordered some pen tab patches from them about 6 months ago, no issues. I was skeptical as well if they were still in business. I think I still have the invoice, I can see if I can get you a phone number if you want.

I ordered some pen tab patches from them about 6 months ago, no issues. I was skeptical as well if they were still in business. I think I still have the invoice, I can see if I can get you a phone number if you want.

Thanks for the replies, fellas.

Fuzz,

I would appreciate it if you could check for that number. I'm actually looking to purchase a pencil tab patch that I've only been able to find on their website. Thanks.

Thanks for the replies, fellas.

Fuzz,

I would appreciate it if you could check for that number. I'm actually looking to purchase a pencil tab patch that I've only been able to find on their website. Thanks.

I found the envelope, no phone number but there was an email: fritter@av8rstuff.com

ETA Disregard. Wrong website.

Edited by snoopyeast