• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. What devices would you use it on?

• Android Phone
    • Android Tablet
    • iPhone
    • iPad
    • The shitter

Because even with ads and paying for the app, I likely won't break even.

!

DFRESH, let us know if you fall short on the app. I'll gladly kick in a small phenomenal fee to help out. No reason you should be losing money on this.

• Upvote 1

Please don't take that as me begging for money. Overall I'll be fine. Just the app itself won't pay for itself. Ultimately it will be a red number project. But I know it's useful and it was a good exercise for me to try the process.

I appreciate it, but there's no need honestly. Unregistered users, snaps, and admins (just because I like to monitor) see ads on the normal website. All users see ads on the mobile skinned website. Those ads generate enough revenue to keep me from being in the red. That's why I went forward with the app project. They were making enough revenue to cover those costs. So at a minimum this site should break even, some months it makes money. Either way, I'm not worried about it. This and a bunch of other sites are soon to be gathered under an LLC, and the combined numbers turn out nice. So again, thanks, but I promise there's no need.

That said, in a few weeks I'm going to open a new site that I think will make military PCS's much easier. If you want to help out, you can go to that site and buy a membership. More details to follow after I approve the final designs and the lawyers get done writing user agreements and such.

• Upvote 2

Love the app, and happy to contribute, but for me right now multi tasking doesn't work. If I go into email from here, or a text, when I come back it kicks me back to the start page. Anyway to change that?

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I had an issue with the app yesterday and I don't know if I'm an idiot or its a writeup. The app used 170mb of mobile data (no WiFi) in less than an hour while running in the background. I discovered it and shut down the app when my phone sent me an alert about data usage. The last screen I was on was the "Unread" page.