Pending site outage

Toro

just posted, got the green thing at the top that it was "posting", but didn't take me to my post like it used to. I navigated away and saw that the post had actually occurred. OS X 10.9 with Firefox 26.0

Thanks for all of the data points. This one has me stumped so I submitted a trouble ticket with the guys that build the forum software. They're really quick about getting things fixed, so I expect it to be resolved today.

Aight. I can't fix it. Tapatalk guys should be getting back to me soon. Sorry for the folks that use tapatalk. On that note... if I built a BODN forum app for android and iphone, would you guys use it?

most likely. The mobile site it's bad, tho. Never felt the need to go the tapatalk route for that reason.

EDIT: BTW, still getting the same post behavior, where it doesn't refresh to show my post after I've posted something.

EDIT 2: Though it works fine when I edit a post I already made and hit "save changes". My post is then refreshed to show my changes. So the issue may only be with new posts.

Edited by stract

Aight. I can't fix it. Tapatalk guys should be getting back to me soon. Sorry for the folks that use tapatalk. On that note... if I built a BODN forum app for android and iphone, would you guys use it?

I would. Use iPhone + safari on BODN mobile site 90% of the time anyway...

New wrinkle on the mobile website. FYI using an iPhone 5s with iOS 7.04 and the Chrome mobile app version 31.1650.81.

Every website, including BO.net until this evening, lets you scroll to the top of the screen when you tap at the top. Great for reading threads with lots of posts. Suddenly not working. The function works for other websites just like always...figure something changed with all the recent site changes. Just a heads up.

Cheers :beer:

That's a real curveball, as I have no clue how/why the iPhone interacts in the strange ways it does. But I'll google the shit out of it and we'll see if I can get it back to "normal", if you can call an apple product that. I applaud your use of chrome though, that's full up.

Okay, thanks. Good to know. I just made some compression changes and some caching changes, so the site should load a lot faster on both desktops and mobile devices. It should also use less data per month for folks on any kind of limited plan.

The issue with double-posting is happening again. I noticed it, and a few others have commented (in other threads) on it as well.

Still on my desktop machine - WinVista, IE9.

edit:

Previously, when returning to the "View New Content" screen (by using the back button) from a thread in the forums, the content would update itself, with threads I had read showing up as such, and threads I had posted in showing up at the top. It's not doing that today; I had to refresh the window to get the content to update.

I haven't changed any settings on my computer, or in my forum profile. Dunno if it's related to the doubletap issue, but it's another data point.

Edited by JarheadBoom

The View New Content issue is related to the cache change I've made to the site. Although some random pages may require a manual refresh (until I find them all and write code to prevent it), the way the caching is built now provides much faster site access overall on all platforms. But thanks for the data point, and I'll see if I can't fix that up to go with the new data caching scheme. Also, the double-tap may randomly show itself while we do some mx functions on the site. The IPBoard staff is working on stuff that goes above my nugget right now.

• Upvote 2

• 11 months later...