Shaw AFB Capt Missing

vsu8992

Hopefully this turns out Ok and just someone going overboard with holiday 'min manning' :

By Lara Saavedra Updated: 12/28/2013 6:59 am CST

U.S. Air Force officials are working with local authorities to locate Capt. Robby Williams who was last seen Dec. 18 in the Columbia area.

Williams did not report to work on Dec. 23 at Shaw Air Force Base and is believed to be driving his 2013 Black Jeep Wrangler with SC license plate ITC701, according to a media release.

He resides in the greater Columbia metro-area, the release states.

"We're all trying to find Robby now," said Brig. Gen. Scott Dennis, the U.S. Air Forces Central Command Assistant Commanding Deputy. "Robby is a member of our team and a part of the Air Force family. We'd like the community's help in reporting any tips they may have to the local authorities."

Air Force officials describe Williams as black, 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighs about 190 pounds. He has brown eyes and brown hair and he is in his late 20s.

He has been stationed at Shaw AFB since Nov. 2012.

Anyone with information about the whereabouts of Williams should contact the Richland County Sheriff's Department's Crimestoppers line at 1-888-274-6372 or 803-576-3000.

Quick Google search indicates they went public with this early Sat 28 Dec.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Back in the 80s an 8th SOS pilot didn't show up for work after his leave was over. Thought to be AWOL. Turned out he had been jogging , on Lewis Turner for those of you familiar, at night with no ID and was hit by a car. Someone in the 8th put two and two together and thought they should go check out the unidentified male that had been in the hospital, unconscious, for a few days. He remembered reading it in the paper but didn't think anything of it. So they head over to FWB hospital and it was him.

Not the case here but I think of this story whenever I hear about a missing/AWOL person.

Back in the 80s an 8th SOS pilot didn't show up for work after his leave was over. Thought to be AWOL. Turned out he had been jogging , on Lewis Turner for those of you familiar, at night with no ID and was hit by a car. Someone in the 8th put two and two together and thought they should go check out the unidentified male that had been in the hospital, unconscious, for a few days. He remembered reading it in the paper but didn't think anything of it. So they head over to FWB hospital and it was him.

Not the case here but I think of this story whenever I hear about a missing/AWOL person.

Fascinating.

A CGO from Schriever faked his own death a number of years ago. No body was found, so they kept an eye out. He eventually turned up in Vegas, and he's now spending quality time in Eastern Kansas.

<br /><br />He should have dyed his hair & prepared a story about kidnapping & running a marathon across the central Asian steppes to escape his captors. That tale has a really good track record so far.
  • Upvote 14

Years ago, kid is out drinking with buds and gets in a small accident on a bridge with another car. Along comes another car and now 3 cars are involved. In the confusion with drunks, nobody notices where Johnny went to. Johnny is declared AWOL with everyone figuring he ran off to avoid charges. Mother finally calls commander and say that if Johnny had run off, he would have called Mom. Commander goes back to accident scene, looks over railing and there below is Little Johnny. Right where he was knocked to. Body was not pretty after 30 days of being wild animal food.

A man and woman went to Las Vegas for their honeymoon, and checked into a suite at a hotel. When they got to their room they both detected a bad odor. The husband called down to the front desk and asked to speak to the manager. He explained that the room smelled very bad and they would like another suite. The manager apologized and told the man that they were all booked because of a convention. He offered to send them to a restaurant of their choice for lunch compliments of the hotel and said he was going to send a maid up to their room to clean and to try and get rid of the odor.
After a nice lunch the couple went back to their room. When they walked in they could both still smell the same odor. Again the husband called the front desk and told the manager that the room still smelled really bad. The manager told the man that they would try and find a suite at another hotel. He called every hotel on the strip, but every hotel was sold out because of the convention. The manager told the couple that they couldn't find them a room anywhere, but they would try and clean the room again. The couple wanted to see the sights and do a little gambling anyway, so they said they would give them two hours to clean and then they would be back.
When the couple had left, the manager and all of housekeeping went to the room to try and find what was making the room smell so bad. They searched the entire room and found nothing, so the maids changed the sheets, changed the towels, took down the curtains and put new ones up, cleaned the carpet and cleaned the suite again using the strongest cleaning products they had. The couple came back two hours later to find the room still had a bad odor. The husband was so angry at this point, he decided to find whatever this smell was himself. So he started tearing the entire suite apart himself.
As he pulled the top mattress off the box spring he found a dead body of a navigator. No one had ever noticed he was missing.

Christoph-Waltz-Dancing-in-Chair-Inglour

• Upvote 2

That same sort of thing happened at Kunsan 1984ish. Big fat Ammo SNCO was toughing out the old skool 1.5 mile run "fitness test" on a Friday afternoon and disappeared. After a quick check of the club, the Class VI and his dorm room they had a good laugh and blew it off till Monday morning when he didn't show up for work; then they got worried. Sometime Tuesday, an ROK security patrol found him dead in the bushes (STS) of an apparent heart attack. They figured he vapor locked and stumbled into the brush where he laid (STS) dead till he was stumbled upon. Crappy way to go.

He must be in a critical AFSC not eligible for VSP or RIF. I can't imagine anyone deserting when they can leave and get paid 1.25X VSP for it.

Maybe he knocked up the WG/CCs 17-year-old daughter...

Can't wait to hear the real story...

I think he's comm (cyber). VSP Eligible. I'll bet he was under investigation for something else and fled. Nobody would desert when they could wait a couple months and take $90K. I wouldn't think.