ROTC to ARC

Chida

Any ROTC cadets out there:

Has the AF put out info on what the process is to gain your reserve commission in the event you take them up on their recent offer to not go the Regular active duty route? I am anticipating that after graduation in May there will probably be some ex-cadets looking to rush various guard/reserve units in the hopes of having a shot at flying training or at least a career of some sort with the ARC.

• 1 year later...

We were briefed by our Colonel about this program. He made it sound like if you wanted a manned pilot slot you would get fast tracked through the reserve process and you could chose your ARC unit, and with a recommendation you would be sent to UPT. I for obvious reasons am a little hesitant about this information but if it is accurate I am seriously considering it.

I have received an RPA slot for AD but the opportunity to fly fighters or live in a desirable location appeals to me. Do you or anyone have any information about this program that you could share? Or any reserve units hear of this opportunity?

Wasn't this program discontinued late last year? Is it actually still around? I'm going into my 400 year and would be very interested in doing it. if it is.

I received a powerpoint from my Colonel discussing the program in further detail. But it has no unit specifics about what they need just contact information. Ask your cadre about the program. I am also going into my 400 year.

According to the powerpoint (as of the end of February) they still need 75 for FY15 and need 100 for FY16.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I spoke to my Colonel a few weeks ago and he said that he was only aware of the opportunity being available for those graduating in FY15.

Natehanibal- reading through your post on what you were briefed, you said you'd be sent to UPT with a "recommendation". Are you basically unsponsored like other ARC applicants and need to get a unit to hire you? But you also said that you'd get to choose your unit, so I'm a little confused. Could you please expand on this?

Edited by 172 wannabe