Anyone know 2013 turnaround time on Security Clearances?

I am the security manager for my squadron and paperwork that was submitted for Top Secret took 11 months to finalize this last year, Secret was only about 5 or 6. The same freeze on re-investigations that happened last year is again happening this year, so assume the delay will be the same or worse with the additional back log.

So unless it has been longer than a year, I wouldn't worry.

My apparently atypical experience for a first-time TS:

- Case opened 1 June 2013

- Interview 2 Jul

- Adjudicated approx 15 Oct

Take it FWIW and good luck.

Edited by tankass

I just went through this in AFRC last year. My Secret was up for renewal in April '12, so in Dec/Jan I asked our security manager about "upgrading" to TS. Did the SF86 through eQIP, waited almost 2 months before being contacted to get prints, waited another 6+ months for the investigator to talk to me, and found out that there's a time limit on how much time can pass between your eQIP being completed and your references being interviewed. I was a week away from that deadline before I was finally contacted to "flesh out" my SF86 answers.

BL: my TS took nearly a year from start to finish.

My apparently atypical experience for a first-time TS:

- Case opened 1 June 2013

- Interview 2 Jul

- Adjudicated approx 15 Oct

Take it FWIW and good luck.

Mine was similar. Began the process end of June '13, interview end of July '13, and was adjudicated 15 Oct '13.

Mine was similar. Began the process end of June '13, interview end of July '13, and was adjudicated 15 Oct '13.

My case was also similar; TS investigation opened late June 13, interviewed mid August 13 and was cleared 10 Oct 13. This was by far the most impressive turnaround of anything related to this whole process. I'm a year from hire with no dates, no FCI.

Interviewed: OCT 2012

Swore In: OCT 2012

Security Paperwork Finished DEC 2012

Top Secret Clearance Approved: MAR 2013

I think this is fairly lucky on my end, 3 months is not typical and I was told in normally takes 6 months to a year. However, do whatever you can do to help speed up the process. Keep hounding them about your paperwork, make sure its not sitting on someones desk waiting to be signed!

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...