I was going to post this in the "Whats wrong with the AF" thread just so we could get SEA's take on how awesome this will look.

During all the uniform changes and modifications, the Marines have been able to say with pride that their uniform doesn't change. Glad to see they refuse to be left out of the stupidity. Welcome to the club, here's your hat.

• Upvote 2

Like the President is really pushing for this because he has nothing else to do.

I love how this board derides the media... unless it's a story with no actual evidence to back it's claim about this President and his wants.

• Upvote 4

Like the President is really pushing for this because he has nothing else to do.

I love how this board derides the media... unless it's a story with no actual evidence to back it's claim about this President and his wants.

Vertigo and his awesome avatar is right here. I seriously doubt the President was briefed on the specifics of a potential USMC uniform change.

To be honest, I don't think the President has a clue what HHS is even doing with all their problems, must less a hat change. He doesn't seem to get involved with the details of many specific actions and then acts surprised when something isn't going right...Fast and Furious, IRS issues, Benghazi, Pentagon suspending death benefits, on and on. I think it's somewhat by design--if he doesn't know about it, then he can say it's not his fault. Everybody in the administration seems to be blaming the contractors for f'ing up the whole Obamacare website rather than taking any responsibility themselves.

Standard politicians on both sides...but hey, we have the best politicians money can buy! Though it's a fun topic for a BO forum, I think the USMC hat is the least of our problems, including for those in Corps.

...but yes, the hat does look pretty gay.

• Upvote 2

Turns out, the whole story wasn't true. Go figure.

I read the article you linked, which said the women hats are nicknamed 'Dan Dalys', because apparently some dude named Daly wore one like it. Then I looked up who Dan Daly was...

http://badasshistory.com/daly.html

Two-time MOH winner. During WWI, he yelled to his Marines, just before storming the machine gun nests that pinned his unit down, "Come on, you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever?" And that action earned him only the Navy Cross.

I wouldn't mind wearing a hat worn by a B.A.M.F. like him.

• Upvote 2

I read the article you linked, which said the women hats are nicknamed 'Dan Dalys', because apparently some dude named Daly wore one like it. Then I looked up who Dan Daly was...

http://badasshistory.com/daly.html

Two-time MOH winner. During WWI, he yelled to his Marines, just before storming the machine gun nests that pinned his unit down, "Come on, you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever?" And that action earned him only the Navy Cross.

I wouldn't mind wearing a hat worn by a B.A.M.F. like him.

He is a legend in the Corps akin to Chesty, AA Cunningham, Lejeune, Smedley Buttler... He was huge in the Banana Wars, and WWI. Indeed, every Marine learns about him.

478px-DanielDaly.jpg

Edited by Swanee
  • Upvote 1

BAMF for sure but that doesn't make the proposed hat any more manly.

When you have 2x MOH, you can show up in a pink ballerina costume with a yellow ducky pool floaty and still get respect. I'll still salute.

But that hat? It's way too effeminate.

Edited by SuperWSO
  • Upvote 1

When you have 2x MOH, you can show up in a pink ballerina costume with a yellow ducky pool floaty and still get respect. I'll still salute.

But that hat? It's way too effeminate.

My point exactly, I have nothing but respect and admiraton for the man but the hat just has to go.

• Upvote 1