Tensions between ANG vs AD

Guest bruno

I have a question that I realize could be contentious in nature, but I wonder if anyone who can chime in and point me in the right direction. Let me start with a little background-

I am but a lowly ROTC cadet trying to come up with a thesis which needs to integrate the Aerospace Studies (basically anything military) and Leadership Management disciplines. I am leaning toward addressing tensions and or misunderstandings which occur between reservists and active duty folks. Since I have no real practical experience in the AF and I know I will sound like a weiner if I don't research this correctly. I hoped to get some input from those who know-or at least can help me find sources to research. Here are a few questions I have:

Is there any documents that specify the length of deployments for reservists vs. active duty personnel?

Do reservists depoly for the same amount of time as AD, longer or shorter?

Have retention rates suffered in the recent past or are they booming?

Is there a great sense of unity between AD and ANG or AFRC? If not what are some of the issues?

Am I asking the right questions?

This paper I want to write is not meant to demean or badmouth anyone. I just need to know what the issues are-and what is being done if anything to solve them. I would love to hear from both or many sides of the equation. If wants to contribute-just not on this thread please PM me

Thanks

You'll get a wide variety of answers on this one. It all depends on who is giving the answer. From my experience so far (im guard by the way) the AD people tend to be alot more uptight about things. As for deployments we all do the same length (unless your like me and go and do something stupid like volenteer for 2 rotations )

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me and ill give you what i know/have experienced.....

They make you right papers in ROTC?... jeeze, one more class to drop when i get home j/k

Our guard unit has teamed up with two other units to split our deployments three ways. It may be changing soon, but instead of having to deploy for 90 days like a "normal" AEF, we would do three 30-day tours split between the three units. As far as the differences between ANG/AFRC and AD goes, I would agree with the fact that AD are a little more uptight about stuff, especially customs and courtesies. Other than that, when you mix folks together, the mission usually is accomplished the same way...

Guest skipplet

They changed the color of the reservists' military ids to green (like AD guys) because of purported discrimination.