iOS 7 Link Issue

LockheedFix

I've noticed after downloading the new iOS that when I click on a link in a thread, the new page that opens up doesn't have a back button or any other navigation options that let you get back to the thread you were reading. I have to go all the way out and open BODN back up. I'm sure somebody else out there much smarter than me has figured out how to get back.

I just tried it out on my iPhone and Sir Mix-A-Lot would be very happy with the amount of back that I had on my screen.

Is yours loading the BODN mobile site, or the full site? Mine goes to the mobile site and the back button is not immediately visible. As soon as I scroll up, though, there is a back button that appears at the top of the web page as well as the safari back button at the bottom. Are you not getting either one?

Edited by TacAirCoug

I guess I should have pointed out this is on an iphone 5 and the mobile version of the site. I also just realized that I can't get any back buttons to come up at all, even in the threads. I just always hit back to the main menu. The swipe trick doesn't work for me either. I'm wondering if it's my phone.

I guess I should have pointed out this is on an iphone 5 and the mobile version of the site. I also just realized that I can't get any back buttons to come up at all, even in the threads. I just always hit back to the main menu. The swipe trick doesn't work for me either. I'm wondering if it's my phone.

Scroll up. The site navigation buttons appear.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok mods, I'm not a tech-neophyte, but am having an issue.

I use iphone4s w/Ios7 to access mobile-version forums via safari, in private browsing mode.

I leave safari window open all the time, but EVERYTIME I return to the forums two irritating things happen: 1) I get a popup ad for tapatalk, and 2) I have to re-log in even if "keep me logged in" is checked.

Is there a mobile-version setting in your end that would cancel the automatic popup TAPATALK ad, and keep me logged in?

Thanks!

If you're in private browsing mode, I am pretty sure it will not allow you to set cookies.

Mutually exclusive goals...

Correct. Private browsing is your problem. The only way to get what you want is to view the page in the normal browsing mode.

• 2 months later...

OK...When using iphone and iOS 7, the "Up/Dn" post-vote buttons aren't showing up anymore. In fact it's been a few weeks since I've seen them. The post vote COUNT number still shows, however. Appreciate you looking into it.

OK...When using iphone and iOS 7, the "Up/Dn" post-vote buttons aren't showing up anymore. In fact it's been a few weeks since I've seen them. The post vote COUNT number still shows, however. Appreciate you looking into it.

Strange.... There's supposed to be a big update for the board software in the next month or so, and I think a lot of little bugs like this will go away. But I'll still see if I can't figure out why it went away.

Same. Edited by Champ Kind