rotorguy

Can anyone give recent FC1/MFS Experience?

37 minutes ago, umaerograd said:

The ejection seat limit for the T-6 is 245 lbs.....just to clarify for those keeping score.  

Thanks!  Yeah I asked the lady there if it was cool if I ate a big dinner and she said the limit is "like 240 or something", but I didn't get specific because I weighed in at 170.

7 minutes ago, iceman said:

Thanks!  Yeah I asked the lady there if it was cool if I ate a big dinner and she said the limit is "like 240 or something", but I didn't get specific because I weighed in at 170.

Hahah all good. I’m 6’4.5 and I’m close to the limit, so it’s a number I worked with when I went through flight training 7 years ago ha. 

Hey Bros if I summit my package to the upcoming AFRC board without the FC1 done would it hurt my chances? I already been hired by a unit. Should I wait to get the FC1 done? 

8 hours ago, sforron said:

You shouldnt wait (why would you?), but you only need to have MEPS cleared to make the board. 

Wouldn't having the FC1 class approved better your chances of selection?

46 minutes ago, gear3green said:

Wouldn't having the FC1 class approved better your chances of selection?

I don't think it's a consideration. They know that a certain percentage of selects are going to not end up going to OTS/UPT for medical or other reasons.

I'm not even sure they'll send you to get your FC1 until board selected, I'm a little hazy on it but for me the ball didn't start rolling until after. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sforron said:

I don't think it's a consideration. They know that a certain percentage of selects are going to not end up going to OTS/UPT for medical or other reasons.

I'm not even sure they'll send you to get your FC1 until board selected, I'm a little hazy on it but for me the ball didn't start rolling until after. 

Makes sense. Thanks bro. 

I had my FC1 done before the AFRC board.  But it was when there were only 2 AFRC boards a year.  So, probably just timing.  There should be like 6 or more boards this year I think.  You'll probably just get it done when the paperwork lands in the right place.  

The e-mail for my FC1 appointment says I need to send them a copy of my military entrance physical within 5 days of receiving the notification. Has anyone else had to acquire their copy of their MEPS physical and e-mail it to Wright Patt? I am having a hard time getting a copy of it, haven't heard anything from my recruiter or my training manager.

8 hours ago, GDAL said:

The e-mail for my FC1 appointment says I need to send them a copy of my military entrance physical within 5 days of receiving the notification. Has anyone else had to acquire their copy of their MEPS physical and e-mail it to Wright Patt? I am having a hard time getting a copy of it, haven't heard anything from my recruiter or my training manager.

Yes...my recruiter is taking care of all my FC1 scheduling, so I never saw an email like yours, but he needed my MEPS physical for Wright Patt in order to get an FC1 scheduled. He got it from MEPS with no issue. 

On 12/6/2017 at 5:41 PM, FlyArmy said:

Yes...my recruiter is taking care of all my FC1 scheduling, so I never saw an email like yours, but he needed my MEPS physical for Wright Patt in order to get an FC1 scheduled. He got it from MEPS with no issue. 

I guess I'm doing all the legwork, but I finally got a hold of my recruiter and got my MEPS paperwork to send the USAFSAM. Thanks for the words!