C-17 4-engine flameout/SIB/FEB questions in here

Then why are commanders afraid to press to FEB when they have someone who should be removed from flying?

I couldn't even begin to try and explain the actions of the people or situations you are talking about, so I have no earthly idea.

I do, however, have pretty extensive knowledge of a half dozen or so FEBs that went down the way I explained it above, as well as the rules that allowed them to transpire that way.

• 3 years later...
On 9/27/2013 at 0:52 PM, BolterKing said:

This is becoming a recurring theme throughout military aviation, regardless of the outcome the crew gets thrown under the bus. Just happened to a friend of mine. Had to eject from a Superhornet after fighting it for over an hour, and the causal factor being hung around him because of a peculiar system anomoly that barely gets any mention in NATOPS (our version of the -1, I think) that no one in the Superhornet community had any clue even exsisted. Case in point, the F-22 crash in Alaska. Some how an OBOGS defect was the fault of the pilot? Robin Olds would've been kicked out for wrapping his glo-belt around some shoe E-8's neck, and Chuck Yeager would've lost his wings for breaking the sound barrier with broken ribs.

More and more the best you can do anymore is break even, from emergencies to employment in combat. Give it another 5 years, they'll see what it's earned them.

Bold is mine.  It's been 4 ~3.5 years, but we are already there for a good deal of AFSCs.  #Nostradamus

Edited by panchbarnes
#mathishard
  • Upvote 1