Saddle up for Kenya? Or Op Deny Christmas '13

Butters

I see Al Qaeda is at it again. It sounds like there were some American casualties and some of them are US embassy staff/family members. There is also a possibility of US hostages. I think we are going on 14 plus hours since this started with no end in sight. I wonder where the US fighter aircraft and rescue forces are. You would think we would of been able to get there much faster, take out the bad guys, and make a rescue by now. I know it took us FOREEVER to rescue the folks in Benghazi but you would think with the embassy just a few miles away it would not take 14 plus hours to get-it-done.

I see Al Qaeda is at it again. It sounds like there were some American casualties and some of them are US embassy staff/family members. There is also a possibility of US hostages. I think we are going on 14 plus hours since this started with no end in sight. I wonder where the US fighter aircraft and rescue forces are. You would think we would of been able to get there much faster, take out the bad guys, and make a rescue by now. I know it took us FOREEVER to rescue the folks in Benghazi but you would think with the embassy just a few miles away it would not take 14 plus hours to get-it-done.

Spoken truly like a person who doesn't know just how long things take and how this stuff plays out. This is the same thought process all the clowns in the house throw at the POTUS about Benghazi

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Spoken truly like a person who doesn't know just how long things take and how this stuff plays out. This is the same thought process all the clowns in the house throw at the POTUS about Benghazi

You may need to recalibrate your sarcasm meter. I consider the Benghazi rescue one of the best US effort ever and have posted such statements to that effect.

Al Qaeda-linked Somali militant group claims responsibility for deadly Kenya mall attack http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/09/21/attack-on-nairobi-mall-kills-10-people/?intcmp=latestnews#ixzz2fZJEpDZR Pack your bags, there are terrorists in Kenya! Wait, what? Kenya is in Africa? Never mind.

Nah, they're good to kill people with conventional weapons. When they start using chemical weapons, then we'll get involved...writing all manner of angry letters and harshly worded press releases.

I'm not saying I condone he idea of genoside to further your means.... But I'm starting to see more and more reasons that its happened in the past.

• 2 weeks later...

Almost 20 years to the day of the Battle of Mogadishu.

Cap-10

Al-Shabab/Al-Qaeda ORI Phase 11, Baraawe Somalia, Aug 2013; http://www.idhanka.com/index/2013/08/daawo-dhoolatus-militari-oo-xarakada-al-shabaab-maalintii-labaad-ku-soo-bandhigtay-xeeb-ku-taala-magaalada-oo-dadkii-taageerayaashooda-ahaa-ee-daawanayay-u-riyaaqeen/

Al-Shabab//Al-Qaeda ORI Phase 1, Baraawe Somalia, Apr 2013; http://www.raxanreeb.com/2013/04/somalia-al-shabab-says-they-have-got-newly-trained-fighters-in-somalia/

Baraawe Somalia, prime RR location for Islamic Extremist, bring your fishing gear; http://metabase.coincident.tv/?v=UYO_hrslziw

Sorry, I have added a warning. "Warning I am 100% sure the NSA will monitor you if you open any of these links". These links are from Somalia news outlets/sources and provide a different angle/spin on Somali garden spots like Baraawe. Short "NSA SAFE" version; Phase 1- Al-Shabab/Al-Qaeda send reinforcements to Baraawe. Phase 11 - Al-Shabab/Al-Qaeda conduct a live fire exercise on the beautiful Baraawe beach front as the local civilian population watches the action unfold. The local folks seem satisfied that their little slice of heaven is safe once again from assault by sea. RR location=good fishing.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Al-Shabaab attacks Kenyan SOCOM base destroying at least two aircraft.

https://theaviationist.com/2020/01/05/somali-terrorist-group-attacks-manda-bay-airfield-kenya-destroying-u-s-shadowy-surveillance-aircraft/

On Sunday Jan. 5, 2020, at around 05:30AM LT, the Somail terrorist organization al-Shabaab attacked Manda Bay Airfield, Kenya, also known as “Camp Simba”, a base used by both U.S. and Kenyan forces.

The group posted 17 photographs showing their militants allegedly burning aircraft inside the base (one shows a fighter shooting a selfie next to a Dash 8 aircraft – more about this below), claiming 7 aircraft and 3 army vehicles were destroyed in the attack