New Base Ops Malware issue?

xaarman

I did some quick googling and this might be a scam trying to get you to download "anti-virus software," but really it's malware. Apparently this has been a known practice for the last 2-3 yrs. I have a feeling this is what's going on because when I click on the button to bypass, it opens up another window in Firefox that's basically an add for an anti-virus that I've never heard of. Seems shady...I'm leaning towards scam on this whole thing.

I'm fairly certain the malware causing it is the AddLyrics or similar ("lyrics") malware. I've been infected twice with it and didn't start having issues until I came on the forums here.

AddLyrics will cause random words on your browser in text to highlight and point to random advertisements. If you are seeing this, then you were infected. Search for "lyrics malware" on google and you'll get the info on how to remove it.

Short story: go to add/remove programs in your control panel and remove anything that says lyrics in it.

That all said, I don't know where in the forums it is located.

I'm fairly certain the malware causing it is the AddLyrics or similar ("lyrics") malware. I've been infected twice with it and didn't start having issues until I came on the forums here.

AddLyrics will cause random words on your browser in text to highlight and point to random advertisements. If you are seeing this, then you were infected. Search for "lyrics malware" on google and you'll get the info on how to remove it.

Short story: go to add/remove programs in your control panel and remove anything that says lyrics in it.

That all said, I don't know where in the forums it is located.

Not what's causing the problems. It is not an issue with anyone's individual computer, otherwise it would not be happening to every single user who happens to use Chrome or Firefox.

It has to do with this site for some reason getting blacklisted on one of the malware lists (secure DNS lists) that Chrome/Firefox use.

By the way, in Chrome (sure FF has similar options) you can go into settings...advanced....and uncheck "Enable phishing and malware protection" as a way to permanently get around it. Of course, that comes with it's own set of dangers, but I don't think I have to warn anyone of that.

Edited by JS

Suggestion, in case the issue isn't solved soon, what if we were to hire an IT guy with experience in this sort of thing to look for and solve the problem? If everybody would collectively pitch in a couple of bucks to foot the bill, we could make this happen and get back on track.

https://www.stopbadware.org/firefox?hl=en-US&url=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.flyingsquadron.com%252Fforums%252Findex.php

Anyone who isn't stuck in a small Canadian town of 1,200 people for the week with barely an internet signal want to tackle this one? Firefox says this is the way to get it cleaned up. Looks like the problem is that Google has it flagged. Seems to me that until Google has it un-flagged, we are in a world of hurt.

We have tech folks who we have contacted to help with the issue, but we haven't heard anything back yet. If anybody thinks they're smart enough to navigate the site control panel to see if they can find anything, send me a PM.

Search for Google Webmaster Tools and then verify ownership of the site (you have to upload a buried link of HTML code, or use alternate means). This should allow you to at least see what Google and these malware scanners are seeing as far as the reason why the site got blacklisted by Stopbadware. There is a good chance that there is indeed malicious code hidden somewhere in the background of the site and it has compromised user passwords, IP addresses, etc.

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/home