New Base Ops Malware issue?

xaarman

Ironically, I'm posting from a computer at work and got no malware/blocked messages...

It doesn't have to do with a certain computer, organization, web browser (well, sort of), or location. It has to do with the Domain Name Server you or your network is using, and whether or not flyingsquadron.com is on the blacklisted DNS that your network is looking at. The AF uses a different DNS than do private internet users, etc. Plus I don't think Internet Explorer (which is the only browser the Air Force uses, right?) used the same DNS blacklist lookup table that Chrome/Firefox browsers do. And even if it did, an organization can change to a different DNS if they saw fit.

Either way, I believe research needs to be done to get this domain off whatever blacklist it somehow landed on (assuming a good scrub of the host was done and there is no malware lurking in the background of this site). I think that above posted Stopbadware is a good place to start.

http://google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=http://www.flyingsquadron.com last time the malicious content was seen was on the 13th...so I'm not sure what you suggest will show anything.

Then they should be able to get this website off the blacklist if they follow that link on stopbadware.com

Hmm. The control panel of the site should have some special tools, similar to malwarbytes for home PC users, that can search and scrub that crap from the site. Otherwise, there are likely free anti-malware tools out there for web hosts.

As I mentioned, perhaps why the site is being shitlisted by several blacklist services is likely because there is indeed malware somewhere on this site.

I just went to page 8 of the U-28 thread and I am still getting a warning from my malwarebyes. The IP it is blocking is 195 dot 191 dot 25 dot 190 (decimal = dot). A quick google search of that IP says the website name is hankstruckpictures dot com and that its server is located in the Ukraine. There is still something with that page.

Out

Closed out and restarted - no more malware warnings.

Ladies and Gentleman - welcome the newest administrator -- DFRESH. I do believe you may have fixed the forum problem!

I'm showing all green when I log on. We're cleared hot.

I just went to page 8 of the U-28 thread and I am still getting a warning from my malwarebyes. The IP it is blocking is 195 dot 191 dot 25 dot 190 (decimal = dot). A quick google search of that IP says the website name is hankstruckpictures dot com and that its server is located in the Ukraine. There is still something with that page.

Out

Try it when you get a chance. I killed the hostile pic.

I'm showing all green when I log on. We're cleared hot.

Do I know you?

DFRESH,

You killed it. No more warning on that page. Add a stencilled malware icon to your computer, right under your name. Let us know when you're an Ace!

On a side note, I use Malwarebytes on my PCs and it does a great job with malware. Symantec absolutely sucks at malware. Malwarebytes is free for one-time scanning and fixing, but for a small cost, you get real-time protection.

Out

I'm still getting the message when I first go to www.flyingsquadron.com/forums, but no longer when navigating on the site. I cleared my history as well, so I'm not sure why I seem to be the only one getting it.

You're not the only one still getting it. And there are valid reasons to be getting the warning still, getting server access is proving difficult.

• 3 weeks later...

*DING* Alright folks, I'm gonna go ahead and turn on the fasten your seat belt sign. uhhhhhhh There may be some turbulence ahead based on the forecast. uhhhhh Please feel free to uhhhh PM me if you notice anything strange going on wrt malware or possible spammers. ANNNNDDD as always, thanks again for choosing BODN for all of your forum needs.

• Upvote 1

Please feel free to uhhhh PM me if you notice anything strange going on wrt malware or possible spammers.

Add on - due to spam protection issues, we are now having to manually check new accounts and weed out spammers (of which we have around 100 a day). We're not going to catch them all, so if you see spam posts, please DO NOT QUOTE THEM to label them as spam. Hit the "Report" button at the bottom of the post and it will instantly send an email to the moderators, who can go in and manually remove and block the spammers. If you quote the posts, it just makes it harder for us to clean it up.

• Upvote 1

Perhaps it's just me, but I'm getting no reply formatting options, tools, or icons above the text box at the end of the thread. They're also not available when submitting a reply via the "more reply options" button.

Not that it matters, but the post "likes" are also no longer present.

Anyone else?

I have them all, but they're at the bottom of the text box (where they've always been for me). Not sure if it matter, but using Mozilla.

Sorry guys. I'm only on a mobile device for the next few days. As soon as I get into the TLF, I'll see what's wrong. I know the "like" button database table had issues after the upgrade, I might have to refresh the hook.

Side note... has anybody tried the updated mobile site?