Liberty, Rights, and the Constitution 2

tac airlifter

Okay, there you are, traveling somewhere on a commercial jet with your wife (partner for Eagle drivers), kids, infants, parents, brothers and sisters. Also onboard is a guy that recently handled a dying Ebola patient showing no symptoms plus a person that treated that person and has a low grade fever but her boss says she is good to travel. Your family will be seated in front of, behind, and directly beside these people. So you guys are telling me that you see no problem exposing your loved ones to these people?

I get what you're saying, but "could become" isn't enough in my mind to forfeit basic human freedom.

Also to add to your earlier comment about the CDC, it appears this nurse is also an employee for the CDC. Coincidence that the WH is against quarantines for political reasons and she's carrying the banner?

Okay, there you are, traveling somewhere on a commercial jet with your wife (partner for Eagle drivers), kids, infants, parents, brothers and sisters. Also onboard is a guy that recently handled a dying Ebola patient showing no symptoms plus a person that treated that person and has a low grade fever but her boss says she is good to travel. Your family will be seated in front of, behind, and directly beside these people. So you guys are telling me that you see no problem exposing your loved ones to these people?

Nope, no problem. I'm not, nor is ny family, going to touch, taste, ingest or inhale either of these two people's puke, piss or shit.

Yes, no problem. Chances of getting it are extramly low, even under those circumstannces. Plus, even if we all get it, who the fuck cares? We go the hospital, get our Ebola shots and go home. Now we have a cool story to tell.

The only reason some of these people are surviving is that they are being evacuated into a top of the line medical miracle which could EASILY be overwhelmed in the wrong set of circumstances. Do you really want to press to test in this situation? No one knows all of the answers to treating this disease. Think of it as getting too low on the glide-path of, of (your example here)

.....Jeeze..it used to be that the doctors knew all about flying; now the flyers know all about doctoring.........

Nope, no problem. I'm not, nor is ny family, going to touch, taste, ingest or inhale either of these two people's puke, piss or shit.

Hate to keep beating a dead ebola ridden horse, but it seems the experts keep moving the goalposts regarding the transmissibility of this stuff. Looks like it can survive in droplets, like sneezes, and on surfaces for for some time. Let ebola freedom ring!

http://nypost.com/2014/10/29/cdc-admits-droplets-from-a-sneeze-could-spread-ebola/

Hate to keep beating a dead ebola ridden horse, but it seems the experts keep moving the goalposts regarding the transmissibility of this stuff. Looks like it can survive in droplets, like sneezes, and on surfaces for for some time. Let ebola freedom ring!

http://nypost.com/2014/10/29/cdc-admits-droplets-from-a-sneeze-could-spread-ebola/

No, the experts are pretty set on the goalpost.

" Stephen Gire, a researcher at the Harvard Department of Organismic and Evolutionary Biology who studies the Ebola genome, said if someone who is showing symptoms sneezed directly on you from within 3 feet, it could, technically, transfer the virus. But people further away wouldn’t have to worry about those particles lingering in the air.

Under very limited conditions the virus could survive outside the body, Gire said.

First, the fluid would have to remain in liquid form. Once it dried up, the virus would die. Second, it would have to be a very cool and dark setting.

"It has to be a highly engineered environment for Ebola to survive in this environment," Gire said. "Stable temperature; on the right type of surface; not exposed to light, etc. These are highly, highly unlikely scenarios in nature and normal environments, and should not be seen as something that is likely to happen."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2014/oct/29/barack-obama/barack-obama-says-you-cant-get-ebola-riding-bus-or/

3 feet away is a safe distance or is that considered danger close? What exactly is the seat pitch spacing on an aircraft front to back and side to side? Do I need the Captains initials before I sneeze and send droplets danger close?

We can play Google fact badminton all day long. When presented with a lot of unknowns and changing facts, the logical course of action is to take the safest course of action. If I recall, even the medical profession (that kills 100,000+ per year through accidents) says, First, do no harm.

• Upvote 2

3 feet away is a safe distance or is that considered danger close? What exactly is the seat pitch spacing on an aircraft front to back and side to side? Do I need the Captains initials before I sneeze and send droplets danger close?

We can play Google fact badminton all day long. When presented with a lot of unknowns and changing facts, the logical course of action is to take the safest course of action. If I recall, even the medical profession (that kills 100,000+ per year through accidents) says, First, do no harm.

Then the absolute safest way is to stop all intentional commerce. Deny entry into the U.S. by anyone currently outside our borders. And quarantine every single citizen at the exact same time for 21 days. That way we'd be 100% certain there will be no cases.

But I think that's over the top, just as illegally detaining a healthy person with negative test results is over the top.

But if concentration camps are your final solution to this fear mongering. Be sure to be the first in line.

The droplets won't transmit ebola just by landing on you. They'd have to enter into your system. So the sneeze would have to get in your eye, mouth, etc.

Edited by Vertigo

Keep track of how often you touch your face during the day.

Had an encounter with a rabid fox last year in my back yard. This thing is snarling, growling and charges me 4 different times. I'm wearing just a t-shirt, shorts, no shoes with not much time to do much about it but I manage to wail on this thing and emerged from the engagement with no bites, no scrapes, and no cuts. The fox retreated and was gone before I could get into the house and back out with a shotgun. 45 minutes later, the fox attacked a woman 1/2 mile away and her husband killed this thing and the animal tested positive for rabies.

So, I start calling various health experts and they all ask the same question, "Did you have direct contact with the animal?" This led to the "If you touched your face, you may have transferred the virus bearing saliva from the animal to yourself." They all mentioned it was slim odds that I picked up a virus but there were lots of maybe's, if's, it's possible, etc. But it all finished with "This disease is 100% fatal and it's a horrible way to die." Great. So I did the rabies vaccine process.

So, it's one thing to read what someone thinks might happen even with slim odds and entirely different when you are faced with that scenario. I'm willing to bet your stance on this would dramatically change if you found yourself in near contact with a person testing positive for ebola but I doubt we'll ever find out so I'll just accept your "freedom or death" stance.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Definitely hope this is only a small minority of people and that even they are only saying this because of their ignorance/stupidity. Sadly, I think there is a decent chunk of the population who would give similar responses. Not the best outlook for the country.

Definitely hope this is only a small minority of people and that even they are only saying this because of their ignorance/stupidity. Sadly, I think there is a decent chunk of the population who would give similar responses. Not the best outlook for the country.

Yep. That sounds about right...par for the course in the new and improved 'Merica. Enjoy the sunset, gents. The glory days are coming to an end.
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

It's impressive what one can accomplish when you have the courage and ability to actually engage an officer with tact, wit, and reason instead of sitting in your car with the windows up like a passive-aggressive 5 year old with a bad case of Asberger's.

I would have liked to see the last portion of the encounter though.

Apparently, there was no last portion. Cop simply drives away. No apology, no explanation, no supervisor, no nothing. But the cops did show up and hang out at his place after the video was posted in what seems like an intimidation tactic.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/fire-marshall-shuts-officer-attempts-violate-rights-police-threatening-video-viral/

yeah i found that after some googling. If half of what he says is true, i don't even...