RPA Pilot & Depth Perception

BTLFlyer

Hello,

I was wondering what the requirement was for AF RPA Pilots and the depth perception test. Is it the same standards as any other pilot position? Reason I asked is I had a hard time on the circle depth perception test at prescreening and wanted to know if it's waiverable or if a different test is adminstered at Wright. I have done other depth perception tests online and have done just fine on all of them. Thanks!

It is the same requirement as for pilot. I passed the dot/circle test but had to have additional tests anyways due to the difference in prescription between my two eyes. From my understanding if you fail the circle/dot test you will also have the additional tests, and you must pass them to be eligible for RPA.

There is no requirement for stereopsis (depth perception) for RPA pilots. If you fail the "circle test" at WPAFB, you will have additional depth perception testing completed. Even though there is not a requirement for depth perception, some conditions that lead to defective depth perception may be disqualifying. If you have a disqualifying condition listed in AFI 48-123 section 6.45.4.8., it would require a waiver.