Airplane Repo

Napoleon_Tanerite

Has anyone watched this idiotic show? The name pretty much lays out what the show is all about. The episode I'm watching right now is showing a guy "repossessing" a Gulfstream II and they are implying that the guy is sneaking it out of the airport without airport security (or presumably the FAA or anyone else) knowing. They are taking off out of a NTA at night in this Gulfstream right into IMC. So are they saying they took off into IMC without filing an IFR flight plan? Doubtful.

This is just like any other docu-drama, highly sensationalized. Every aviation docu-drama (Repo, Hurricane Hunter, Flying Wild Alaska) is so produced that every little thing is an emergency or a near-death situation. To aircrew, these shows are far from accurate and it makes you question any other show that deals in a subject matter that you're not an expert in.

Do crab fishermen scoff at Deadliest Catch, probably. I still watch because I know jack-crap about crab fishing.

• Upvote 1

I've watched a few episodes, basically because I'll watch just about anything aviation-related at least once, and I actually have first-hand experience with an aircraft repossession (actually it was a helicopter, but the principle is the same).

Plenty of manufactured drama, just like any other "reality" show, but mildly entertaining.

This is just like any other docu-drama, highly sensationalized. Every aviation docu-drama (Repo, Hurricane Hunter, Flying Wild Alaska) is so produced that every little thing is an emergency or a near-death situation. To aircrew, these shows are far from accurate and it makes you question any other show that deals in a subject matter that you're not an expert in.

Do crab fishermen scoff at Deadliest Catch, probably. I still watch because I know jack-crap about crab fishing.

Talk to BQZips mom, apparently she's taught lots of dudes crab fishing.

• Upvote 3