FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

As far as I recall:

Palace Front: TAMP

Involuntary separation (RIF, 2x passed over and not continued): TAMP

Palace Chase: ??

VSP: no TAMP

Separation with no ADSC: no TAMP

That's the way it's been ever since I started paying attention to separations (since 2006). If you're going into the SELRES, you hardly need TAMP, though, because now we can get Tricare Reserve Select for pretty cheap.

VSP=TAMP, I got it.

http://www.airforcetimes.com/article/20141031/BENEFITS06/310310070/Airmen-caught-VSP-confusion-will-receive-medical-benefits

This is CLASSIC:

1. Many people were incorrectly promised TAMP after VSP due to installations not knowing AF's guidance.

2. AF tries to take back the benefits from people who were promised them by local installations. VSPers get pissed and fight back.

3. AF authorizes TAMP for VSPers after it does a "review of the law."

Anyone else find it funny/despicable that the AF created guidance (no TAMP for VSPers) without ACTUALLY reviewing the laws and figuring out what VSPers are eligible for? Either they knew they were authorized to give benefits and made the original guidance of no TAMP despite this knowledge, or they made arbitrary guidelines without first reviewing the laws that govern it. CLASSIC.

They just changed policy on permissive TDY at separation, too. Palace Chasers last FY got 20 days permissive. Now, no soup for you. So no, I'm not shocked that they screwed up.

edit: And no, I don't mean the FY14 PC... just normal PC guys were approved Permissive because those with approval authority didn't know the rules. Now, they've fixed the glitch.

Edited by nunya

http://www.airforcetimes.com/article/20141031/BENEFITS06/310310070/Airmen-caught-VSP-confusion-will-receive-medical-benefits

This is CLASSIC:

1. Many people were incorrectly promised TAMP after VSP due to installations not knowing AF's guidance.

2. AF tries to take back the benefits from people who were promised them by local installations. VSPers get pissed and fight back.

3. AF authorizes TAMP for VSPers after it does a "review of the law."

Anyone else find it funny/despicable that the AF created guidance (no TAMP for VSPers) without ACTUALLY reviewing the laws and figuring out what VSPers are eligible for? Either they knew they were authorized to give benefits and made the original guidance of no TAMP despite this knowledge, or they made arbitrary guidelines without first reviewing the laws that govern it. CLASSIC.

The law states that voluntary separations to not get TAMP but that a service secretary can waive it. Since the implementation was such a clusterfuck, the SECAF requested guidance from the General Council. That's what was done when the "review of the law (10 USC 1175a) determined that the Air Force is authorized to pay the transition assistance management program (TAMP) benefits to Airmen separated under VSP.”

The law states that voluntary separations to not get TAMP but that a service secretary can waive it. Since the implementation was such a clusterfuck, the SECAF requested guidance from the General Council. That's what was done when the "review of the law (10 USC 1175a) determined that the Air Force is authorized to pay the transition assistance management program (TAMP) benefits to Airmen separated under VSP.”

Exactly...the SECAF made a decision to do the right thing after getting GC guidance that she was authorized to do so. Nothing sinister here.
  • Upvote 1

Nothing sinister, but it's...uh...shocking...that A1 implemented the program without full understanding of Title 10, leaving local MPFs and CCs to twist in the winds of conflicting guidance and creating stress/drama for separating members.

It is similar to the A1C at the Finance Office fooking up your travel voucher, but on a MUCH larger scale. I am relieved that SECAF fixed the issue.

Exactly...the SECAF made a decision to do the right thing after getting GC guidance that she was authorized to do so. Nothing sinister here.

I will say this...I am incredibly thankful to Sec. James for approving this for all of us taking VSP. My new job is not going to provide these benefits, and I was going to have to come out of pocket almost immediately. I'm always pleased with her efforts and I think she truly cares about the people.

PSDM 14-114 became available today on the myPers site. Document classified FOUO. Go take a look.

Edited by deaddebate

My TPS ADSC was up about a year ago. Found out a 62E TPS classmate got the axe too.

Wait - this was you that got RIFd?

Un-fucking-believable that they RIFd TPS grads. How much did they spend to send you to that school? Who the fuck is making these idiotic decisions, anyway? Geezus fuckin christ. Well, enjoy your baller job on the outside.

• Upvote 2