FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

it says orders will be cut 90 days prior to separation....what if i'm going on terminal 110 days prior? Can i get my orders before I go on terminal? Mainly asking because i need the orders to break my lease in august...landlord is already notified but property manager wants orders.

Edited by tunes

it says orders will be cut 90 days prior to separation....what if i'm going on terminal 110 days prior? Can i get my orders before I go on terminal? Mainly asking because i need the orders to break my lease in august...landlord is already notified but property manager wants orders.

Letter in lieu of orders. I haven't had an issue so far.

Just fill out the Pre-Separation Order Worksheet ASAP. It took me about two weeks to get the orders after I filled that out. I have orders in hand and still have over 120 days to DOS.

My orders were complete 4 days after finishing the pre-separation worksheet. I couldn't believe it.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

My orders were complete 4 days after finishing the pre-separation worksheet. I couldn't believe it.

Mine were ready the next day! But we have our own personnelist here.

And since I've just been lurking until now:

Approved

2006 11M (130H/T6)

3 years 8 months UPT ADSC waived

I had applied for voluntary separation under pregnancy/childbirth first, then applied for VSP as soon as that was denied. Apparently, it was not in the best interest of the AF to let me go in Feb for free, but it is to pay me to leave in July (and pay me to not fly while pregnant, be on maternity leave, then PTDY, and terminal leave in the meantime). I'd like to think someone at AFPC had my back by denying that first application, but I think I'd be giving them too much credit.

• Upvote 3

VSP Approved

2005 11M

C-17 guy currently at the end of a gig at a UPT base

DOS 29 September

Was tasked with a 179 day deployment on 28 April, long after I had applied for VSP. When I originally got approved the VSP I was told I was off the hook for the deployment. Now, I am being told to keep spinning up for the deployment. FWIW, I have separation orders in my possession with the 29 September DOS. The deployment would get me back in February. Is there anyone else who is in a similar situation? Pretty sure this belongs in the WTF thread.

Thanks BODN for keeping me sane during this process, hopefully sanity will prevail here.

We have a couple guys currently deployed that were approved for VSP. So not the exact same, but close. They already moved their DOS to 4 months after they return. I think the window is you have to separate between 30 and 120 days after your return from your deployment.

VSP Approved

2005 11M

DOS 29 September

Was tasked with a 179 day deployment on 28 April, long after I had applied for VSP. When I originally got approved the VSP I was told I was off the hook for the deployment. Now, I am being told to keep spinning up for the deployment. FWIW, I have separation orders in my possession with the 29 September DOS. The deployment would get me back in February. Is there anyone else who is in a similar situation? Pretty sure this belongs in the WTF thread.

Thanks BODN for keeping me sane during this process, hopefully sanity will prevail here.

Exact same boat here my friend. I even submitted a ticket w/TFSC in early May (before my VSP was adjudicated) asking if I needed to update my requested DOS (29 Sep) to after the deployment -the answer was "no, we'll do that if we need to when we process your application".

VSP Approved

2005 11M

DOS 29 September

if you already have separation orders in hand, then your UDM needs to DAV code you since you're within 6 months of separation.

Edited by stract

you can't be forced to. If you want to, then have a nut, if you don't, then make sure they put the DAV code against you and don't sign a DAV waiver.

• Upvote 1

So question about leave...just want to make sure my finance is telling me the right thing. My ptdy is set to end on July 5. They are saying I have to start my terminal on July 6 and can't wait until July 8 the first duty day to take my terminal and then sell back 2 days

Correct. It's in the reg somewhere, but the PTDY taken as part of "terminal leave" or in conjunction with it, so as soon as one ends you start the other one.. even if it's a weekend/holiday/etc.. Mainly meant to keep someone from taking leave up until Friday, then not taking leave the weekend, and going back on leave Monday.

you can't be forced to. If you want to, then have a nut, if you don't, then make sure they put the DAV code against you and don't sign a DAV waiver.

Wow. Really? I know some people who are definitely not volunteering to deploy within their 6 months prior to sep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't deploy with a "minor medical issue," correct? What's stopping people from claiming these "issues?" Other than possibly screwing the next guy... If you are really going to lose a job opportunity, I would think about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Holy shit he nailed it. Cut and paste most of that post in the "Why I'm getting out" thread and sign my name to it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't deploy with a "minor medical issue," correct? What's stopping people from claiming these "issues?" Other than possibly screwing the next guy... If you are really going to lose a job opportunity, I would think about it.

Fuck no. I will leave with my dignity intact. I'll do everything in my power to get out (VSP, Palace Chase, Palace Front, 7 day opt, whatever other program they dream up...) but I'm not going to lie and pass my bad deal to you. I'm not going to look my son in the eye and tell him I got what I wanted because I lied.

Edited by nunya
  • Upvote 3

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't deploy with a "minor medical issue," correct?

Could you be more specific? Also, getting a deployment cancelled highlights you for MEB consideration, which could be much longer than the deployment.

###### no. I will leave with my dignity intact. I'll do everything in my power to get out (VSP, Palace Chase, Palace Front, 7 day opt, whatever other program they dream up...) but I'm not going to lie and pass my bad deal to you. I'm not going to look my son in the eye and tell him I got what I wanted because I lied.

Shack. I was drunk and pissed for you guys reading the last few posts last night. Just thinking of a way to get blue to hold a promise they made. You nailed it though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk