FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

Yeah mine was written in February. I wonder what it says...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still haven't seen the push line, but I've already sank a good 20 hours into re-writing that thing to match the OG's ban on abbreviations.

I still haven't seen the push line, but I've already sank a good 20 hours into re-writing that thing to match the OG's ban on abbreviations.

That is funny. AFSOC loves abbreviations.

Which is a somewhat silly ban because RRFs are an AFSC-specifc board vice a promotion board (inclusive of all AFSCs). Sucks you had to do that... senior B-52/B-2 dudes probably can speak Bone (STS).

Edited by Dupe

Which is a somewhat silly ban because RRFs are an AFSC-specifc board vice a promotion board (inclusive of all AFSCs). Sucks you had to do that... senior B-52/B-2 dudes probably can speak Bone (STS).

Is this how this years RIF PSDM was written?

The last time we did this it was a LAF retention board comprised of board members like a promo board.

Is this how this years RIF PSDM was written?

The last time we did this it was a LAF retention board comprised of board members like a promo board.

My understanding is that this is the central idea and the key learning point from a few years ago: only a career-specific board could make career-specific cuts intelligently. Why bother laying out a matrix by year group and AFSC if we're then going to hack with an axe? Of course, this is applying logic to an AFPC process....

...I'll dig

Edited by Dupe

My understand was that this is the central idea and the key learning point from a few years ago: only a career-specific board could make career-specific cuts intelligently. Why bother laying out a matrix by year group and AFSC if we're then going to hack with an axe? Of course, this is applying logic to an AFPC process....

...I'll dig

So if only makes sense to cut via AFSC then it stands to reason that it makes sense to promote that way. But then again.... Reference your previous about logic and afpc.

• Upvote 1

You're telling me. It's just on abbreviations...acronyms are still allowed. So I can write JDAM but I can't turn "target" into "tgt".

Question for the recent successful Palace Chasers, did your squadron and wing CCs recommend approval or disapproval?

I've seen both with a pretty constant functional recommend disapproval but an overall approval.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

Question for the recent successful Palace Chasers, did your squadron and wing CCs recommend approval or disapproval?

Mine was all approval.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I've seen both with a pretty constant functional recommend disapproval but an overall approval.

I'm not 100% sure mine even went to the functional. If it did, it was routed internally. Cms only showed my app going to the PC office one time and it was approved.

SQ/CC and WG/CC both approved. Like Bama, not sure if it went to the functional because it sat at the PC office (from what I could read) on CMS for only a day and the next thing I knew the AFPC lady was emailing me to correct a few things. Later that day I got the approval. I'm an 11M in RPAs, going to an RPA unit, which is why I think both commands approved. But, as I'm told, it's ultimately an AFPC call to let you go no matter what unit you want to go for. Total toss up.

Edited by WannaPC

Anybody had any luck with MyPers and the new matrices that were supposed to be published last week?

Nope.

What in the name of God's green earth are they doing at AFPC....Oh wait. I know. They're all in the PC office doing as many two-day turnarounds as they can.

Just posted. Exactly the same as January but now 05 and 04 are not RIF eligible...

Says the data is from March...

Edited by Mish_Hacker

Just posted. Exactly the same as January but now 05 and 04 are not RIF eligible...

Says the data is from March...

Any new PSDMs to accompany the slides?

I still haven't seen an updated one for FY14.

Uhhh...beavis....it's the FY15 RIF now because it took so damn long. Stand by for FY16 (or 17, at this rate) RIF as promised by the Hon. James.

Think the FY14 RIF got canx'd because they didn't have enough notification. New RIF matrix now makes '05 and '04 year groups in LAF ineligible for RIF. I'm hoping they just got enough volunteers, but I'm not holding my breath. PSDM 14-38 is posted on MyPers and details the FY15 RIF. I know a few 2004 11M's that got picked up for PC, so maybe they are still considering 2005 for voluntary programs (still on the most recent vol matrix). I feel like 2005 is about to get screwed…first Maj board delay, now "not considered" an overage… Wouldn't it make sense to reduce our YG, and simultaneously reduce the pool of those competing for Maj? Like two birds with one program…guess that makes too much sense.

It could be that they met their goal for '05 via voluntary measures or it could be that they don't want to have a RIF for similar reasons that '04 was never going meet a RIF board in FY14. They were already selects and non-selects. They don't want to get rid of the selects and the non-selects are already leaving the YG relatively soon anyway. Now '05 is meeting our promotion board (finally), and the RIF board is so close to the same time that it's redundant. Remember, these programs are to meet end strength over the next 5 years and they're front-loading the programs to get it done now, but if somebody is up-or-out in 4 years, that's 5 year plan met.

Keep in mind the answer to many of these questions is literally nobody knows and even if they did, it wouldn't matter because they're going to change again next month.