FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

So I have a speculation for the delay to VSP, particularly for 11M's. Within the past month, I have seen 3 of my friends get approved for Palace Chase. Two 2004 11M's and one 2006 11M. I'll bet ya that they are cranking through the PC app's to knock out as many FM requirements before they start approving our VSP apps. If you think about it from their perspective, it's a smart move, but they should have been honest and up front from the beginning instead of giving us the "will process in monthly batches" "strategic pause" "process all remaining and adjudiacated apps after 1 May" "were rusty at Force Managment" Seriously, AFPC is in the business of dealing with peoples lives and they have delayed this proccess to the point where it's straight up unprofessional. Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that if we had been 50+ days late on a suspense, there would be paperwork and/or firings. It amazes me that the AF will fire 9 CC's for a cheating scandal, but no one has taken any responsibility for this debacle.

Days since...

Original FY14 PSDM release: 125

VSP application window: 80

# PSDM iterations without any result...4

# Days AF personnel will have to find a job by the time AFPC "gets around" to approving VSP apps...150 or less

Edited by Charlie17Chick
  • Upvote 3

Had 2 individuals approved for TERA last week who were in 1 deep positions... both began terminal leave this week and as of now we are being told that we shouldn't expect a backfill until late Fall at the earliest... if at all. Now we are being asked by AFPC what OUR plan is to cover these positions. "Sorry folks (AFPC)... park's closed, the Moose out front shoulda told ya!"

I think we're going to see a moderate number of rated VSPs approved over the next few days and many YG/AFSCs taken out of the mix for RIF. I doubt they want to cut rated numbers so much as they want it to seem like everybody is feeling the cuts. We wouldn't want the shoe force to get their feelings hurt or they'll never process my travel voucher. Approve my laundry expenses motherf&%$#&s!

• Upvote 2

If I'm understanding the rack and stack of approvals for VSPs correctly (year group, AFSC, ADSC remaining), based on what others have said, then any '06 year group, 11M, will be racked and stacked generally pretty similar to what UPT class they were in (08-01 thru 08-15). Does that check? Because the folks in the earlier classes would've had ADSC's starting sooner. What would change this order would be how weighted the other ADSC's are, such as for GI Bill transfer, TA, PCS, etc. If AFPC is just adding up all ADSC remaining for a given individual, then that would mix it up completely. But if more weight is given to the UPT ADSC, then a dude from 08-01, in this example, would be in a better position for approval than a dude from 08-15.

If I'm understanding the rack and stack of approvals for VSPs correctly (year group, AFSC, ADSC remaining), based on what others have said, then any '06 year group, 11M, will be racked and stacked generally pretty similar to what UPT class they were in (08-01 thru 08-15). Does that check? Because the folks in the earlier classes would've had ADSC's starting sooner. What would change this order would be how weighted the other ADSC's are, such as for GI Bill transfer, TA, PCS, etc. If AFPC is just adding up all ADSC remaining for a given individual, then that would mix it up completely. But if more weight is given to the UPT ADSC, then a dude from 08-01, in this example, would be in a better position for approval than a dude from 08-15.

I think they will use the dart board method, what you describe seems far too complicated for AFPC to ever figure out.

• Upvote 4

My guess based on absolutely no information is that they'll rack and stack each year group and the only thing that will matter is when your last ADSC runs out. Because as my used-to-fly-a-moose colleague points out, AFPC is a bunch of half-wits that couldn't handle anything more complicated.

Which is currently unavailable due to AFSC conversion. Who times these things? Sure, websites need to get upgraded, but in the middle of a massive force managment push? Then again, if AFPC had actually followed any of their timelines, maybe we wouldn't still be waiting on news 4 months later...

Which is currently unavailable due to AFSC conversion. Who times these things? Sure, websites need to get upgraded, but in the middle of a massive force managment push? Then again, if AFPC had actually followed any of their timelines, maybe we wouldn't still be waiting on news 4 months later...

I agree completely, and not only for VSP status but some of us probably have guard/reserve applications that we are working on and I'm waiting on decs and duty history updates before I print a records review rip to submit. Why can't they just do it all at once instead of taking it down for a full day every single week?

well, window closed...lets get the results out.

Is it closed or does it close at 2359:59 (central time I would imagine) on 1 May? If it is indeed closed, it looks like I'll be back to refreshing email and vMPF every 5 minutes.

Applications, including those not yet processed and adjudicated, will be processed after the application window closes on 1 May 14

Edited by Dubs

PSDM 14-08 Says "Through 1 May" and then something about "After the window closes on 1 May". My assumption after re-reading the PSDM, is that 2 May is the start of the processing time. Either way, AFPC has had 4 f-ing months to get their crap together and have yet to show any effort on meeting a deadline. Good luck to all of you when we find out in June...

"May the odds be ever in your favor...and mine"

'05 11M

Palace Chase Approved

11M

4.5 year ADSC

App submitted 8 April to vMPF, so about 3/4 weeks to get a response.

There's your reason for the months long delay in releasing VSP answers. They were betting on people losing faith in VSP for early separation and going the Palace Chase route instead. I don't know about you guys, but I've never seen someone get PC approval in less than a month especially with 4.5 years of UPT ADSC remaining.

There's your reason for the months long delay in releasing VSP answers. They were betting on people losing faith in VSP for early separation and going the Palace Chase route instead. I don't know about you guys, but I've never seen someone get PC approval in less than a month especially with 4.5 years of UPT ADSC remaining.

looks like the af realized they had too many rated guys jumping at the vsp option...and they really wanted them to go in the ARC (hence the expanded palace chase authority after the vsp window opened)...to make it worse...there will no doubt be guys who will get denied vsp because palace chase guys jumped in front of them after vsp applications were submitted...but given the option I'm sure that many of the same folks who applied for vsp would take palace chase if offered...this only confirms that there was really no need to wait until 1 may to adjudicate...that was an excuse to keep us all on the hook while they could reduce the number of vsp applications that might be approved...people/family first...sure

I never had faith in the VSP. It's a lottery that nobody knows the rules to. Would it be nice to take the VSP money and go to my guard job? Yah sure. However if you apply logic (very dangerous to do) to AFPCs mentality, it would seem that transferring someone to the Guard would be a better business decision than paying them and losing 100% of the investment.

I do think the big cuts will be through VSP and they will fine tune the numbers with Palace Chase (as it goes out to 1 July I think). I do worry for the guys who think PC will be available to them after VSP though as the matrix will probably turn red very fast.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I never had faith in the VSP. It's a lottery that nobody knows the rules to. Would it be nice to take the VSP money and go to my guard job? Yah sure. However if you apply logic (very dangerous to do) to AFPCs mentality, it would seem that transferring someone to the Guard would be a better business decision than paying them and losing 100% of the investment.

I do think the big cuts will be through VSP and they will fine tune the numbers with Palace Chase (as it goes out to 1 July I think). I do worry for the guys who think PC will be available to them after VSP though as the matrix will probably turn red very fast.

Exactly. You played the hand the same way I would have.Early bird gets the worm, and a preemptive PC application worked in this case. By the time these guys get around to submitting their plan B PC application all they'll have in the matrix is a big red middle finger. Game's Chess, it ain't checkers.

Same thought process I had...PC approved with 5 years UPT ADSC left at DOS.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

If they had made PC eligible for people deployed my vsp app would have been recalled a long time ago...but recalling it when returning from deployment 3 weeks before the window closed for vsp didn't make much sense.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

Edited by tunes

I agree with everything said. I have a guard job lined up so i was open to either idea. You would think it would be as simple as saying we have a lot more wiggle room to Palace chase, so we prefer you go that route. Instead they challenge everybody to read between the lines and try to guess what these people are thinking. Just tell me the easiest way to get out of here please and I'll do it.