FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

11M and 08 commission / 09 TAFCSD (w/6 years by 31 Jan 15)

UPT ADSC with 5.5 years left at requested DOS

Denied VSP today... received robot email that said I'm denied because my year group/AFSC was closed and I am ineligible for any voluntary or involuntary FY14 programs. Originally denied with first batch and reapplied in Mar. Not sure whether I was considered as an '08er (58 overage in Jan matrix) or '09er (no 11M overage) for VSP due to 8 month post-ROTC furlough in lieu of casual status. Good luck to everyone else!

11M and 08 commission / 09 TAFCSD (w/6 years by 31 Jan 15)

UPT ADSC with 5.5 years left at requested DOS

Denied VSP today... received robot email that said I'm denied because my year group/AFSC was closed and I am ineligible for any voluntary or involuntary FY14 programs. Originally denied with first batch and reapplied in Mar. Not sure whether I was considered as an '08er (58 overage in Jan matrix) or '09er (no 11M overage) for VSP due to 8 month post-ROTC furlough in lieu of casual status. Good luck to everyone else!

I'm pretty sure they're going by TAFCSD so you'd have been considered an '09

Sorry, for those of you who were denied recently. My VSP is still awaiting "adjudication". I'm wondering if your CMS status changed from "Referred to Voluntary Separation BPO" at any point. Mine changed to "Referred to Voluntary Separation Pay Off" a few weeks ago and I'm hoping this is where approved applications go to wait for Adjudication Day (May 1st). Anyone who has been approved notice the progression of offices your application went through? I think we're smarter than AFPC and can figure out their Rube Goldberg device.

Note: I'm talking about CMS and not the status on your application in the Separations application. That hasn't changed for me since it passed my Wg/CC and says "Referred to BPO".

Obviously, I'm quoting from memory because vMPF is down yet again. Fortunately, I've looked at these statuses so often, I'm fairly certain I remember them.

Sorry, for those of you who were denied recently. My VSP is still awaiting "adjudication". I'm wondering if your CMS status changed from "Referred to Voluntary Separation BPO" at any point. Mine changed to "Referred to Voluntary Separation Pay Off" a few weeks ago and I'm hoping this is where approved applications go to wait for Adjudication Day (May 1st). Anyone who has been approved notice the progression of offices your application went through? I think we're smarter than AFPC and can figure out their Rube Goldberg device.

Note: I'm talking about CMS and not the status on your application in the Separations application. That hasn't changed for me since it passed my Wg/CC and says "Referred to BPO".

Obviously, I'm quoting from memory because vMPF is down yet again. Fortunately, I've looked at these statuses so often, I'm fairly certain I remember them.

I had the referred to Voluntary Separation Pay Off on mine, but so have people who were approved...

Unlike TERA approval indicators, don't think there are any for VSP

Just sit tight and wait it out. You're app is not going to change until after 1 May.

VSP denied Thursday afternoon.

2003 11M w/ 11 months UPT ADSC and 5 months PCS ADSC.

For the rest of May, it is safe to say that no news is good news.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back.

Edited by Dave Koza

Rusty at force management but a real Pro at patting ourselves on the back.

In staff speak, this is considered "questionable optics."

Trial by fire, SecAF marks first 100 days in office

Published April 22, 2014

http://www.af.mil/News/ArticleDisplay/tabid/223/Article/484233/trial-by-fire-secaf-marks-first-100-days-in-office.aspx

In late March, the secretary dusted off her desert boots for her first troop visit to Europe and Afghanistan. While the trip allowed her to get a feel for the global reach of the force under her command, James also celebrated a tacit career milestone, when she passed her 100th day in office March 30.

Since Franklin D. Roosevelt’s successful New Deal presidency, U.S. presidents have increasingly been put to a benchmark test measured by their performance within the first 100 days in the White House.

Edited by PanchBarnes

"Rusty at force management"...How often do we need to do this to not forget the lessons learned? We just did this what, two years ago?

I noticed they mentioned the "less than 20" emails that went out disapproving the already-approved (but not eligible) TERA applications. Absent was the additional notification (hundreds, I think) that went out due to a "glitch."

Like Panch says, "a real Pro at patting ourselves on the back."

Roosevelt's successful New Deal presidency? It all makes better sense when you figure out that success is measured against horribly ridiculous failure. Hopefully we'll have shook the rust off our force downsizing before the post-default version of this shit.

Bendy

Guest ThatGuy

What's the deal with the overage matrix only showing a few year groups, but the eligibility matrix still showing lots of blue for most year groups?

I thought we were woefully overmanned with 11Ms...

You would have thought so by looking at the rif matrix w/ overages released a few months ago. Wish they would release an updated version, but I could think of a dozen cynical reasons why AFPC wouldn't want to release another one of those again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Dreamkiller43

Guest ThatGuy

So we won't see another overage matrix for the various year groups you think? I'm curious to see that matrix now.

Edited by slick999