FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

VSP approval email received from AFPC!

11M

No ADSC

Applied 6 Feb.

Best of luck to everyone!

Just curious...did you initially submit the application 9 Feb or did it get the "Referred to BPO" (or "Referred to AFPC OFF Voluntary Separation Pay") on 9 Feb? I'm trying to get a sense if the time stamp for either of the events has any effect on how fast your application gets processed. My guess is your No ADSC probably played the biggest role since you didn't have to wait for waiver table that came out last week. Congrats.

Mine was sitting at Referred to AFPC OFF Voluntary Separation Pay in CMS since 20 Feb.

[quote name="MooseDriver1" post="377343"

** All apps that required waiver are being held until application window closes on 1 May. They will then be batch processed. ** - directly from AFPC Separations Branch Chief

So, if you have an ADSC that originally excluded you, you can stop checking CMS 10 times a day and just continue to wait..... Sorry it's not "you're getting approved tomorrow" news, but at least it's something official.

From AFPC's standpoint, this allows them to get through all those with no ADSC remaining and then determine if they need to approve any with waivers. The they will approve the people in each yr group with the least amount....

Edited by lossofclocklossofdata

Wish AFPC would release the new PSDM about the next round of TERA. Anyone have any gouge/specific info about this? Been hearing 15 Apr, but I haven't read anything to support that theory.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

I wish AFPC would release information about the current round of TERA! I called AFPC yesterday and they don't have any idea when they will get any additional info... I almost felt bad for the lady I talked to, she sounded as defeated as I did...

I'm not advocating firing anyone, most people have never had to fire anyone and don't realize how hard it is, but there needs to be a serious inquest into how afpc runs. Archaic websites, no customer service, terms and conditions pdsms that are convoluted, and the general disarray they appear to be in. Something tells me nobody will really care though unless it involves sexual assault or bathroom rights for trannies.

• Upvote 3

I'm not advocating firing anyone someone...

Dude, someone should be fired for this debacle. How many of us could continually fvck up this badly and systemically yet continue to hold our present jobs? There has to be accountability somewhere. I humbly disagree

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Big day for VSPs! Mine was approved today.

11M (KC-135 WO)

UPT ADSC competes 30th of this month.

Current ADSCs for PCS, GI Bill transfer, and TA. Figure I'll owe $2250 for TA. Not sure how the GI Bill benefits will work. I transferred one month to the wife and one month to the kid. Haven't used any of it.

I submitted at 0000CST on 6 Feb. App made it to BPO on/about 12 Feb. Sat there since.

I'm willing to provide any other info for interested parties.

For those trying to PC, my buddy at MacDill flying BBJs just had his approved on the 8th. Said the SMSgt at the AFPC PC office told him that they are set up to process 150 PC apps per year, and they've had 700 since Jan and avg 60 more every week. Also said the SECAF sits down every day and cranks thru 8-10 apps per day for waivers/approvals at her level. Take that for what it's worth.

Thanks to everyone here. You kept me sane when the stress was mounting. ATP written next Monday!

• Upvote 4

I wish AFPC would release information about the current round of TERA! I called AFPC yesterday and they don't have any idea when they will get any additional info... I almost felt bad for the lady I talked to, she sounded as defeated as I did...

I hear ya!

I applied 1 minute after the TERA window opened only to find out they denied my app due to ACP. That was very frustrating because the PSDM wasn't clear on that issue. Then they made a "revision" to the guidance after the fact to validate my denial. AWESOME!!!

Now I'm reading on AF Times and the Portal a 2nd round of TERA will be opening soon. The only reason I'm even aware those articles existed is because a buddy of mine mentioned he'd see it on FB.

To this date, nobody in my chain has sent a single shred of info about the new ADSC waiver table or that a new TERA will be available soon.

I hope this isn't a short coming of my wing leadership, I suspect they don't know about it. How is this possible? When is the official 'transparent' notice through official channels forthcoming? As we've seen, people are getting orders, TDY notices, etc., and may or may not know additional options are coming. Why is the AF Times and the Portal the only news about a new round of TERA? Perhaps you guys are getting something...not me.

wow, congrats to all the dudes with VSP approvals, glad to hear it worked out and on to bigger and better things. Keep us in mind when we need an airline gig!

How come Dos Gringos hasnt made a song about this circus act yet?

** All apps that required waiver are being held until application window closes on 1 May. They will then be batch processed. ** - directly from AFPC Separations Branch Chief

So, if you have an ADSC that originally excluded you, you can stop checking CMS 10 times a day and just continue to wait.....

So does that mean that only applicants with ADSCs that were pointed out in PSDM 13-65 as not being waiverable won't find out until after 1 May?

Or that anyone requiring a waiver, even those that the table in PSDM 13-65 said were waiverable, won't find out until after 1 May?

I would really like to know before May seeing as how if I were approved my terminal leave would start in the middle of the month and my squadron managers, in their infinite wisdom, decided to tag me for a USAF desert summer camp trip during this whole debacle...

Edited by Dubs

Thanks for sharing all the VSP approval info, that is great news that AFPC is cranking through them little by little. I had movement on my case yesterday, they finally uploaded the the SOU and a MFR that I wrote to "comply" with the newest VSP PSDM criteria ("FY14 Voluntary Separation Pay" comment). I didn't want them to have any excuse to turn my app around, but the best part is I submitted through MyPers on 22 Mar...only took them 18 days to upload it to my CMS case. I hope that 1 May is the magic date, it aligns with my redeployment so I have that to look forward to...only been waiting on a decision for almost all of my deployment. Ha, and I got bumped from the Summer VML, so no news on an assignment either...at least I'll have a chance to apply for PC if denied VSP. 20 days...come on May.

11M (C-17)

ADSC: UPT through 27 Jun 17

I'm happy for all the VSP approved folks, so don't take this the wrong way, but...

When the new ADSC waiver table was posted, they should've paused everything and made everyone that had submitted VSP paperwork fall under the previous waiver criteria. Again, I'm glad people are getting good news. BUT I'm gonna be super pissed if my yr/AFSC goes red because new ADSC waivers are getting approved on the VSP side preventing me from re-applying for TERA under those same new rules.

Totally blows they post new ADSC waiver criteria after TERA closed giving us no options to-reapply while VSPs are getting processed and approved against the new waiver table. Thus, potentially reducing or eliminating our yr/AFSC while us TERA guys sit on the sidelines and watch.

I'm happy for all the VSP approved folks, so don't take this the wrong way, but...

When the new ADSC waiver table was posted, they should've paused everything and made everyone that had submitted VSP paperwork fall under the previous waiver criteria. Again, I'm glad people are getting good news. BUT I'm gonna be super pissed if my yr/AFSC goes red because new ADSC waivers are getting approved on the VSP side preventing me from re-applying for TERA under those same new rules.

Totally blows they post new ADSC waiver criteria after TERA closed giving us no options to-reapply while VSPs are getting processed and approved against the new waiver table. Thus, potentially reducing or eliminating our yr/AFSC while us TERA guys sit on the sidelines and watch.

same boat as those of us that applied for VSP in the first few minutes and were denied for UPT ADSC causing us to resubmit...it is what it is, sucks but really nothing we can do about it.

• Upvote 1

We had an 05 11M approved for VSP today. 3 years ADSC left. Applied late for VSP and never had the initial round of denials

Even though I would love for this to be true, I find it incredibly hard to believe. All I've heard for the past few days from leadership (I know, take that with a grain of salt) is that AFPC will not start processing the VSP applications that require the ADSC waiver until after 1 May. But in light of this new information from LookieRookie, I will go back to refreshing vMPF every 30 seconds.

(05, 11M, 3 years ADSC, currently "referred to BPO" after getting rejected the first round)