FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

Same old song and dance. The time for communication and openness has long since passed.

Still waiting on that "vector" from January 2013. Transparency in the force management process, written guidance eliminating the obvious bullshit (masters, correspondence PME), etc... CSAF will get to that one day. Maybe.

Approval at my deployed unit:

13B

1 year left on ADSC

Sq/CC and Wg/CC both recommended dissapproval (due to flood of 13B's applying), so CC recommendation may not be that highly weighted

I'm still waiting:

Referred to BPO 7 Feb 14

11M (C-17)

ADSC: 26 Jun 17 (<3 yrs from Sep date request)

Checked my CMS active cases today and received "An error has occured" message instead of my case #....hopefully that means they are processing it in some way.

I'd consider rolling the dice depending on when the training and in-place date are for this deployment. That's putting a lot of hope that your VSP app will be approved; If not, you're deploying. If you 3-day opt, you set a separation date and I think become ineligible for VSP, except that you applied for VSP before notification and subsequent 3-day opt'ing for this deployment.

I wouldn't put it past some ######head AFPC chode to throw out 365's to nullify VSP apps. Why the ###### are we even tasking 365's anymore, Do we really need that kind of continuity, or is this just more support staff to justify command billets?

Absolutely no chance that I would roll those dice! Training date at the end of the month, so I think this one has been turned down a number of times already... Sorry to the next person down the list, hope they don't have an ADSC that prevents them from declining.

My Sq/CC and another one both called different functionals at AFPC who didn't know whether 3-day opting would cause a member to be VSP ineligible. I wish I could say I was surprised.

AFPC has posted a note that parts of vMPF and CMS would be down from 9-10 Apr. Another great plan from AFPC...

(edit for everyone's SA)

• AFPC Applications
    UNAVAILABLE

The AFPC Server migration into the Air Force Network will begin on 9 April 0700 and continue through 10 April 1600. Some applications will be Unavailable or Degraded until the migration has been completed. The migration must occur during duty hours to support contracting obligations with the AF team. Business Objects (BO) and some files shares will be UNAVAILABLE during the migration.

Applications Affected:

BO - Business Objects
    * All functionality of Business Objects to include scheduled reports will be unavailable.

CMS - Case Management System will be degraded.
    * All CMS case attachments will be unavailable.
    * CMS Maintenance Application.
    * CMS/AFPC Secure Users update will be unavailable.
    * DFAS/CMS Case merge will be unavailable.

vMPF - Virtual Military Personnel Flight system will be degraded.
    * vMPF tutorials will be unavailable.
    * Email capability will be unavailable.

Edited by McLovin

We had a few guys with pre notifications...I think STRD was in the ballpark of Sep 2000.

Oct 2000 STRD. Tasker required O-4 with Evaluator experience

At what point can you no longer be tasked with a 365 and still retire? 19 years in?

Edited by Champ Kind

Transparency, you know...just like the President promised us. Wait...is it not happening?

For someone who has weathered the past few force management activities, I think AFPC was actually trying to be transparent. In FY11, they didn't even publish numbers, all they did was show the blue/red chart and say "RRFs are due at this time", and boom, that was it. Now they tried to be more open and get out actual number, but like all good attempts to be open with their 'customers', they were not done with the ups and downs. Plus they changed the timeline halfway through the VSP process, so that left all of you who put in hanging out there. Expect the next boards (mayby 15, probably by 16) to be more like the 11 boards. Or, God forbid, they actually don't try to be business-as-usual when they are making these sort of drastic cuts, but that's not going to happen since the ice cream cone still needs to lick itself (sts).

Approval at my deployed unit:

13B

1 year left on ADSC

Sq/CC and Wg/CC both recommended dissapproval (due to flood of 13B's applying), so CC recommendation may not be that highly weighted

I'm still waiting:

Referred to BPO 7 Feb 14

11M (C-17)

ADSC: 26 Jun 17 (<3 yrs from Sep date request)

Checked my CMS active cases today and received "An error has occured" message instead of my case #....hopefully that means they are processing it in some way.

Same here with the CMS case function. Yesterday I had Error 1, and today its Error 180... I'm grasping at straws now :)

I saw this tidbit on the 2014 Retirements Facebook page. It sounds like there was a webinar yesterday that implies that VSP apps won't get processed until after May 1:

I have not verified the below but it should be the latest from an AFPC webinar.

- AFPC will not send any TERA/VSP list until after 1 May 14. The majority of TERA applications will be finalized this week pending final numbers from Air Staff. VSP applications will be adjudicated after the window closes 1 May 14.

- New TERA window (15 Apr - 3 May) for enlisted and officer force that were previously ineligible but now eligible due to published matrices last week.

-- Deployers now eligible for TERA window but retirement date has to be 120 days after return to home station

-- ADSC waivers will be reviewed and/or approved based on new guidance giving AFPC waiver authority for UPT training, advanced flying training, etc. This impacts our U-2 and MC-12 rated community who can now apply for TERA/VSP due to changes in ADSC waivers (attch 1)

- There will be a new TERA/VSP window opening for the Oct 14 RIF board. Dates have not yet been established. Expect RIF PSDM to contain information when published

- AF/A1 currently working through issue of folks receiving TERA approvals only to have it rescinded. If we have personnel who were affected by this administrative error, their names need to up channeled to AFPC

Has anyone else heard anything about VSP applications being put on hold and processed after May 1? I can't find any source documents to support this, so I don't know if it is anything more than just rumor....

So can I adjust my requested DOS? If they notify me in mid may when I was expecting a notification no later than two months after I applied I won't have time to burn all my leave, even after I sell back 60!!!!! The day I get notified I will literally walk out the door on terminal. They aren't screwing us, they are screwing our commanders who I feel I owe some bit of work ethic to and feel the need to close all my loose ends before I depart.

"You never have too much gas...unless you're on fire"

What have they been doing with our applications for the last 3 months? They could have prepped by doing all the admin stuff so that once waiver authority was granted (which they expected), they can just click "approved"....

Whatever...

-- ADSC waivers will be reviewed and/or approved based on new guidance giving AFPC waiver authority for UPT training, advanced flying training, etc. This impacts our U-2 and MC-12 rated community who can now apply for TERA/VSP due to changes in ADSC waivers (attch 1)

-

I'm confused. How are the U2 and MC12 different than any other community when it comes to ADSC waivers?

From our MAJCOM A1 this morning:

- 14 "take-back" notifications went out (10 enlisted, 4 officer)

-- CV does not have firm confirmation but does expect AFPC to honor those retirements

- 300 officers were approved and then their retirement orders were rejected because of a patch AFPC ran on the system

-- Those officers are still approved and their orders are now being jammed into the system 1 at a time

- New round of TERA (for those now eligible under the new ADSC matrix) will run from 15 Apr - 3 May

- VSP still running through 1 May with new PDSM to go out in next 2 days or so (covering the new ADSC table)

I'm confused. How are the U2 and MC12 different than any other community when it comes to ADSC waivers?

My understanding was simply that the e-mail originated at Beale, and was therefore tailored to the specific aircraft stationed there.

From our MAJCOM A1 this morning:

- 14 "take-back" notifications went out (10 enlisted, 4 officer)

-- CV does not have firm confirmation but does expect AFPC to honor those retirements

If those numbers are true, then every single one of them, and then a few extras posted they had the "take back" email on the AF Retirements facebook page.

If those numbers are true, then every single one of them, and then a few extras posted they had the "take back" email on the AF Retirements facebook page.

I think the reality is that the 300 folks who had their orders cancelled (via computer F-up at AFPC) also posted in the take-back email...and in reality, the number should be 314 instead of 14 or 300 because any screwing with someone after they get approval would cause them to be uncertain.

Is VSP notification running through 1 May or starting 1 may? I have seen 2 different posts today. Can anyone clarify? Maybe AFPC can process 1 application a week? Do you guys think that is too much work for them?

Second-hand info, so take for what it's worth: A medical sq/cc here thought they would have a significant number done on or before May 7th. No idea how she got that date, or if it applies to rated dudes or not... But she definitely said May 7th was some type of VSP suspense for AFPC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to what AFPC released, 15 Apr-3 May. No word on what the retirement date will be set at. Normally it's supposed to be at least 120 days, hence the previous 1 Apr notification deadline for a 1 Aug retirement date. It's maddening that they've only notified 66 officers out of around 600 eligible and they are opening a new round next week. Still, I think TERA is the best deal in the AF right now.

Here's my VSP hold up approval theory:

1. TERA glitch and probably more paperwork involved to retire someone than VSP.

2.They were waiting on extended ADSC waivers which they have now received and now they are incorporating it into a revised PDSM. Once that's updated they probably start approving more rated apps. The one lone wolf pilot that was approved was probably done in good faith to show us it will happen.

3. The 1 May deal is when the VSP approval/disapproval flood gates will open and that'll be their focus. They'll probably still do a small amount of approvals until then. However it could happen earlier.

You can now shred this apart.