FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

I don't think this will make it that far, but the CSAF is engaged now....

Source? What are you basing your claim on?

Source? What are you basing your claim on?

Heard at Nellis yesterday CSAF said they were contacting those who were told they were approved and then got the "just kidding" e-mail and were going to honor the first approval notification. I wasn't there so it is just second hand, but I can't imagine the Boss ever letting these "take backs" fly. I don't imaging it was too many that this happened to... not sure if there is anything going on with those who had a retirement date that has since disappeared, but also heard this was just a computer problem. Good luck to all of you still in limbo... I know this must really suck!

Called the TFSC today and they said 300 got the glitch email. They're working to fix those now and then will get back to the rest of the TERA apps. Good news for those that got the take-back email, but another delay for those still waiting on an answer.

Just got officially notified of my 365. It's hard to tell from PDSM (I know, big surprise), but when, not if, I 3-day opt, does that automatically make me ineligible for VSP?

How convenient that it hasn't been processed yet even though I submitted 6 Feb and has been there since 21 Feb

so when are they going to start processing VSP apps....

They have already started it up little by little. We got word on Friday. Hope it helps... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everyone who wants out!

Officer VSP Approved:

Significant other got VSP approval on Friday. Captain, non-pilot; here are the specs:

63A, 2008 year group

No ADSCs

6 years, 3 months at DOS
Let the party begin and good luck to everybody! This forum has been an AMAZING source for info and I cannot thank you all enough!

They have already started it up little by little. We got word on Friday. Hope it helps... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everyone who wants out!

yeah, sorry i was referring to rated VSP. I've only heard of 1 approval so far.

Just got officially notified of my 365. It's hard to tell from PDSM (I know, big surprise), but when, not if, I 3-day opt, does that automatically make me ineligible for VSP?

How convenient that it hasn't been processed yet even though I submitted 6 Feb and has been there since 21 Feb

For the rest of us out there, what is your Short Tour Return Date? That way we can estimate how vulnerable the rest of us are.

MOAA and NAUS are testifying at a House Armed Services Committee hearing tomorrow (Beneficiary and Advocacy Overview of the FY15 President’s Budget).

http://armedservices.house.gov/index.cfm/hearings-display?ContentRecord_id=B4939547-34E4-442E-A728-E303A9E11E88

http://www.naus.org

https://www.moaa.org

Senate Armed Service Committee has a hearing tomorrow on the "Posture of the Department of the Air Force."

http://www.armed-services.senate.gov/hearings/14-04-10-posture-of-the-department-of-the-air-force

I don't expect it to be much different than the House hearing:

http://armedservices.house.gov/index.cfm/hearings-display?ContentRecord_id=1E8FFACF-87D1-4C7A-87F7-7C095442BFF6

Lastly, tomorrow is another SASC hearing on "Active, Guard, Reserve, and Civilian Personnel Programs."

http://www.armed-services.senate.gov/hearings/14-04-09-active-guard-reserve-and-civilian-personnel-programs

As the HASC hearing with these generals was the one that somewhat falsely kicked up dust about "sacrificing pay," this one might also be interesting.

http://armedservices.house.gov/index.cfm/hearings-display?ContentRecord_id=E8B153CF-B432-46DD-B185-CB41851ABA14

We're approaching the committee timeline for budget submittal, which is slated for full markup in May, and then presentation to the full congress. Ideally, a full federal budget would be completed in August, but the historical continuing resolutions and other half-steps may position the DOD to get its' own independent budget. That would be nice, but I wouldn't count on it. My guess is by early June, the committees will be decided enough to give the Air Force (and the rest of the DOD) realistic and semi-concrete information for them to make the final decisions on personnel, acquisitions, and installations for FY15.

A final budget probably won't actually pass and be signed until around late September or mid-October. Apart from total morons like Sen. Cruz, the Republicans are too worried about looking like the jerks and antagonists to risk another government shutdown, so we won't go beyond October. Again, the Republicans really want to play their cards right this time around as they are positioned to take back the Senate in 2016. Also, they need to start getting serious about their Presidential Candidates, especially since the Democrats may already have that lead with Hillary Clinton.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/fivethirtyeight-senate-forecast

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/2016_democratic_presidential_nomination-3824.html

Edit: I realize this could go in the sequestration and cuts thread, but it highlights that the Air Force won't know what direction it's going for several more months.

Edited by deaddebate

I'm 2008 65F (Finance) just got disapproval because my AFSC and Yr Group had too many applications.

I'll be f**cking up your pay and providing terrible customer service for the foreseeable future.

My year group and AFSC originally was letting 8/32 people out, they switched it to 5 after they received all the applications. That's like telling Wisconsin they can't play white players or shoot 3s after tip-off.

Thanks for all the info. Deuces

It's good to hear that you won't let this setback keep you from providing the level of support we've come to expect from finance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 16

VSP denied

64P '07

GI Bill ADSC

Didn't get email notification, just checking CSM a few times a day and this afternoon it showed "no open cases". Follow-up on Voluntary Sep part of vMPF had comments at the bottom from a TSgt, stating my career field and year group had as many as they need, that now I'm no longer eligible... no further rationale. Well worth 2 months of waiting and checking status like a fool, not to mention providing solid intel that will help leadership identify me for lots of solid activities going forward.

Coincidentally got tasked for a 6 mo Afghan treat last week also, so at least there's that to look forward to!

This was fun, thanks AFPC.

For the rest of us out there, what is your Short Tour Return Date? That way we can estimate how vulnerable the rest of us are.

We had a few guys with pre notifications...I think STRD was in the ballpark of Sep 2000.

I'd consider rolling the dice depending on when the training and in-place date are for this deployment. That's putting a lot of hope that your VSP app will be approved; If not, you're deploying. If you 3-day opt, you set a separation date and I think become ineligible for VSP, except that you applied for VSP before notification and subsequent 3-day opt'ing for this deployment.

I wouldn't put it past some head AFPC chode to throw out 365's to nullify VSP apps. Why the are we even tasking 365's anymore, Do we really need that kind of continuity, or is this just more support staff to justify command billets?

• Downvote 1

I wouldn't put it past some fuckhead AFPC chode to throw out 365's to nullify VSP apps.

This would imply that the AFPC AEF branch communicates and coordinates with the separations or assignment branches. Instead, AFPC is more like a coral reef or a school of fish.

I once got a VML notification and a 179 deployment notification in the same week.

On the positive side (and this should scare the AF), I don't think there will be a RIF.

Edited by Dupe

From the CSAF " ...I promised you that we will be transparent gang..."

WHEN Exactly will this transparency begin?? I turned in TERA back in Jan and I have received 0 info about my future from ANY official channel thus far...

Transparency, you know...just like the President promised us. Wait...is it not happening?

• Upvote 1