FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

I took a PCS instead of applying for VSP (although I really wanted to). I was afraid that I would lose my PCS while I awaited a decision. According to 14-08, I basically forfeited my eligibility. But now with the waiver release it says they will waive up to 2 years for PCS which is obviously what I incurred. So...I'm trying to figure out if I'm eligible here at my new duty station based on these 2 somewhat conflicting guidelines. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

I took a PCS instead of applying for VSP (although I really wanted to). I was afraid that I would lose my PCS while I awaited a decision. According to 14-08, I basically forfeited my eligibility. But now with the waiver release it says they will waive up to 2 years for PCS which is obviously what I incurred. So...I'm trying to figure out if I'm eligible here at my new duty station based on these 2 somewhat conflicting guidelines. Anyone have any ideas on this?

You don't want it bad enough...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

Nasty, thank you for your so helpful comments! You don't know the details of my personal life so I don't think you are capable of determining my wants.

Let me rephrase it for you in small words: if you have to ask if you can VSP instead of just rolling the bones, then you don't want to VAP bad enough. If you apply and aren't eligible, they'll deny it. If you're eligible, you may have a chance.

• Upvote 2

My original VSP app was never denied. It made it to afpc 13 Feb. 2006 11M, still waiting on approval/disapproval in the "OFF OF VSP". Also prior E with 12.5 yrs total.

Edited by shweaty

Apparently A1 said at SOS VSP apps would be processed today, guess that wasnt the case.

Well...sort of...I had a 1 loadmaster get the VSP today....but that points out the know your audience principle...last check SOS didn't have too many Es in class..which are getting VSP results right now

Via John Q Public Facebook; apparently AFPC is now doing take backs for previously approved applications.

That blows. The time stamp says 6:22 pm. Are they really working that late at afpc on a Friday?

Edited by shweaty

My original VSP app was never denied. It made it to afpc 13 Feb. 2006 11M, still waiting on approval/disapproval in the "OFF OF VSP". Also prior E with 12.5 yrs total.

Is this where your app is according to vmpf? Mine has been "referred to BPO" since Feb 12. Just wondering where people are getting their stays updates from.

Mine has also been at "Referred to BPO" since 18 Mar. The last movement was when the Wing/CC resubmitted following my attachment of the new IRR statement. Did anyone have to call or do any other action to get it to move beyond the "Referred to BPO" point?

It is mentioned earlier in the thread, but bears repeating; CMS (found on the upper right hand corner of the VMPF home screen) will give you a few more details about the status of your application. Not much, but more. The separation tab of VMPF says that my app is "Reffered to BPO" but CMS tells me that it is referred to the "Vol Officer Sep Pay Office" or some such.

• Upvote 2

Is this where your app is according to vmpf? Mine has been "referred to BPO" since Feb 12. Just wondering where people are getting their stays updates from.

It's referred to BPO through VMPF but when I talked to TFSC they said it's at the last stop. Yours is probably there too.

Edited by shweaty

Let me rephrase it for you in small words: if you have to ask if you can VSP instead of just rolling the bones, then you don't want to VAP bad enough. If you apply and aren't eligible, they'll deny it. If you're eligible, you may have a chance.

This is horseshit.

We got stuck with conflicting guidance and a general lack of top-down communication. It should never happen again if we've got anything to do about it. Help the dude out if you've got info.

Edited by VSP or 365
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

OMG. Some dude over on the FB retirements page posted this today:

"Wow, I can't believe this is happening to me. After my Command notified me that my TERA was approved Thursday, I receive and email late Friday from AFPC that my application was denied. It is now the weekend and I am deployed, so there is not much I can do to get more information. Somebody please tell me this is all joke?"

Holy shit. THAT is awful. Wow. Others have said similar things on that page.

Can you imagine that? Poor guy. God damn.

ETA: When it happened to me it wasn't earthshattering because they hadn't really been approving officers yet so I wasn't shook up by the up too much.

Edited by Altus Barbarosa

2001 11R TERA... For one of you guys lucky enough to have had your TERA approved ( and still watching the rest of us in misery on this forum... ) My status has been on FM- Validation Complete ( I think that is the correct wording) for quite sometime. Was this the last status you showed before getting the good news? The NLT 1 Apr has come and gone... I'm really trying not to become the bitter angry Maj. but the blue shenanigans are not helping.

http://youtu.be/MFZG8KQJni8

Edited by jstarsshag

It's referred to BPO through VMPF but when I talked to TFSC they said it's at the last stop. Yours is probably there too.

I checked the Case Management System status last night and mine says "Referred to AFPC Off Voluntary Sep Office" or something to that effect. I just wanted to make sure by it saying "Referred to BPO" in vMPF that it wasn't one step short of being under consideration while the approvals are happening.