FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

Rules for posting VSP Approval/Disapproval shit:

1. AFSC

2. Year group

3. Airframe

4. UPT/UNT ADSC - yes or no

It would be helpful if everyone posted relative information from their VSP application - Whether your SQ and/or Wing CC recommended approval or disapproval and if they checked that you were excess in relation to squadron requirements.

I'm willing to bet that all of us 18Xers got the disapproval and the argument that we are indispensable to the mission due to poor RPA pilot manning. Even though other squadrons at my location have guys only flying a few times a week. I'd like to see if anyone who was recommended disapproval at a lower level gets the approval from the gods at AFPC.

Interesting. And that was with the assumption you would get handed back to your FAM after? I think that's why ours stays. We're considered on an "alpha" or career broadening tour, but go back to our functional when we hit the VML. Similar to a white jet tour.

oh no, they changed it to 11R and told us "a return to the MAF is unlikely"....they said originally the same about alpha tour for us, then changed their minds.

it's weird how different communities do things..in the MC-12 they changed everyone's core flag from whatever it was previous i.e. 11M,11B to 11R and told us we had no say in the matter.

And yet the VSP/RIF is still being conducted against RDTM (as it should be). Changing all of those core ID's doesn't seem congruent with a complete elimination of "overages". We'll reduce to the required number of 11R/11B/11M by RDTM, then realized we moved 300 people into 11R (by Core ID only) for a reason not provided (requalification capacities I can only guess).

oh no, they changed it to 11R and told us "a return to the MAF is unlikely"....they said originally the same about alpha tour for us, then changed their minds.

The only problem is that the RDTM is supposed to be how "your functional" is assigned. "Distribution and training management" is something that has definitions, "Core ID" does not have any concrete usefulness that I can find.

Tunes, I think they're just hiding you because you're too valuable.

Bendy

Edited by Bender

And yet the VSP/RIF is still being conducted against RDTM (as it should be). Changing all of those core ID's doesn't seem congruent with a complete elimination of "overages". We'll reduce to the required number of 11R/11B/11M by RDTM, then realized we moved 300 people into 11R (by Core ID only) for a reason not provided (requalification capacities I can only guess).

The only problem is that the RDTM is supposed to be how "your functional" is assigned. "Distribution and training management" is something that has definitions, "Core ID" does not have any concrete usefulness that I can find.

Tunes, I think they're just hiding you because you're too valuable.

Bendy

i get what you are saying..i'm holding on to that RDTM thing because that did not change. Guess the kicker will be what functional my PC paperwork goes to when VSP gets denied again.

On the Voluntary eligibility matrix: The note in the upper-left hand corner that said, "As of 28 Mar 2014 1700hrs (eom Feb inventory)" on the matrix posted yesterday is no longer there. Now that corner is blank.

Infer away...

Well if it makes you feel any better I'm envious and would take an MC12 assignment post haste. My chances to return don't look much better.

I've heard of a decent amount of people returning and even getting follow ons after RPAs out of UPT.

On the Voluntary eligibility matrix: The note in the upper-left hand corner that said, "As of 28 Mar 2014 1700hrs (eom Feb inventory)" on the matrix posted yesterday is no longer there. Now that corner is blank.

Infer away...

That checks. I got an auto-mail today that said the force management section had been updated and the matrix was the only thing I could find that was different for VSP.

I must say AFPC's PAO has been on-point in the past 48-hrs regarding educating/updating everyone about the FMP. They are updating the website as soon as something drops, even including the direct links to the different matrices!

Should have adopted this TTP from the start.

http://www.af.mil/News/ArticleDisplay/tabid/223/Article/475238/af-updates-officer-enlisted-voluntary-force-management-eligibility-lists.aspx

• Upvote 1

Gents,

Conducting some civilian training with no access for updates. Can anyone please paste the info for the Aviation Continuation Waver (pilot bonus)? Much appreciated!

Good luck! Guard and Reserve jobs await you.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

Gents,

Conducting some civilian training with no access for updates. Can anyone please paste the info for the Aviation Continuation Waver (pilot bonus)? Much appreciated!

Good luck! Guard and Reserve jobs await you.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

Aviation Retention Pay (formerly Aviation Continuation Pay) - Full Waiver

Recoupment Required - Yes

Notes:

1. Recoupment of unearned portions of bonuses is required under the LADSC Waiver Program to include but not limited to retention bonuses, special pays, tuition assistance, and any other monetary incentives unless specifically exempted.
  2. When recoupment is applicable, recoupment will be an amount that bears the same ratio to the total amount or cost provided to the unearned/unserved portion of active duty the officer agreed to serve.
  3. Officers who leave the Air Force under voluntary separation and retirement programs without completing their Post-9/11 GI Bill Active Duty Service Commitment forfeit the transferred benefit, and any benefits that dependents used may be treated as an overpayment subject to recoupment by the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA). Officers who wish to retain their transfer benefit may consider continued service in the Guard or Reserve through the PALACE CHASE program. See Attachment 3, FY14 PALACE CHASE Program (PSDM 13-65), for further information. For questions, contact the DVA at 1-888-GIBILL1 (1-888-442-4551). This note does not apply to officers approved for VSP or TERA.

"Conduction some civilian training"

...good luck on your ATP

Got a question for you all, someone in the office said now that the waiver authority has been delegated to AFPC, you must pull your VSP and resubmit under the new guidelines. Has anyone done this? Had anyone (11M) been approved VSP yet and this is what they did or was your app the original one from back in Feb?

Edited by chizz

"Conduction some civilian training"

...good luck on your ATP

Got a question for you all, someone in the office said now that the waiver authority has been delegated to AFPC, you must pull your VSP and resubmit under the new guidelines. Has anyone done this? Had anyone (11M) been approved VSP yet and this is what they did or was your app the original one from back in Feb?

I would very much doubt everyone who's been approved so far put in a new application, had it go through both commanders and approved by AFPC the same day. At most we're talking new SOUs uploaded but then the SOU from 14-08 hasn't changed so what's the point?

I would very much doubt everyone who's been approved so far put in a new application, had it go through both commanders and approved by AFPC the same day. At most we're talking new SOUs uploaded but then the SOU from 14-08 hasn't changed so what's the point?

i resubmitted one a few weeks ago after the initial UPT ADSC denial in feb just so i'd have one on file in case the waiver came through

i resubmitted one a few weeks ago after the initial UPT ADSC denial in feb just so i'd have one on file in case the waiver came through

Certainly in that case but that is different than pulling an active app IOT resubmit. Lucky for me my CC slow rolled the app trying to game the system and it reached AFPC after that initial denial wave blew over.

Certainly in that case but that is different than pulling an active app IOT resubmit. Lucky for me my CC slow rolled the app trying to game the system and it reached AFPC after that initial denial wave blew over.

Mine never got denied after I submitted it on 6 Feb. It took a while to get there, but it's now been sitting at "AFPC OFF Voluntary Separation Pay" since 5 Mar. Maybe I'll finally see a decision in the next week or so. I'm still not sure why some people's apps originally were denied and some weren't. Nobody can answer that question.

Notes:

• Recoupment
  • Officers who leave the Air Force under voluntary separation and retirement programs without completing their Post-9/11 GI Bill Active Duty Service Commitment forfeit the transferred benefit, and any benefits that dependents used may be treated as an overpayment subject to recoupment by the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA). Officers who wish to retain their transfer benefit may consider continued service in the Guard or Reserve through the PALACE CHASE program. See Attachment 3, FY14 PALACE CHASE Program (PSDM 13-65), for further information. For questions, contact the DVA at 1-888-GIBILL1 (1-888-442-4551). This note does not apply to officers approved for VSP or TERA.

Anybody have any clarification on this paragraph? Aren't VSP&TERA the only voluntary programs right now?

Mine never got denied after I submitted it on 6 Feb. It took a while to get there, but it's now been sitting at "AFPC OFF Voluntary Separation Pay" since 5 Mar. Maybe I'll finally see a decision in the next week or so. I'm still not sure why some people's apps originally were denied and some weren't. Nobody can answer that question.

Ditto, Mine has been up there since 12 Feb.